Tuesday, August 15, 2006

No Hour #2 Today

Unfortunately there will be no Hour #2 for me today...I'll be sewing but not on this project. I've been working on a baby quilt for my son and daughter-in-law. There is a shower for them on the 27th of this month...in the back of my mind I thought I could maybe get the quilt done and then put it out of my mind. Well, I went way outside the box today and asked a gal that does some quilting for some of my customers what the chance of squeezing a small quilt in would be. She said, "If I can pick it up Friday, I can have it back to you Monday and then you can get the binding on"...Oh my goodness, that was not the answer I expected but a good one. She said she was doing 10 quilts (all the same Christmas quilt) for a lady and she didn't have the thread the lady wanted so she had to order it...she was kind of at a stand still so she could squeeze me in. YIPPEE! except I'm going to have to sew like a mad woman. There are a zillion half square triangles so that's what I'll be doing tonight. I'll do my Hour #2 and probably #3 this weekend after the baby quilt is done. How do I get myself into these things?

3 comments:

Leah Spencer said...

Aww... good luck in getting done by Friday! :)

Libby said...

You'll be done before you know it. It's part of a quilter's makeup to try to do it all.

Finn said...

Great news that she can fit your quilt is..I'm betting that you make it..*VBS*