Monday, November 13, 2006

Trip to Chicago

Didn't get anything quilty done this weekend but I did spend Friday and Saturday with Josh and Katie in Chicago. I came home yesterday morning. It was a great weekend. We're getting very close to "our little man's" arrival. We're still calling him that because they have not settled on a name. They have many boy names that they like just can't decide on one. We had a wonderful visit. They showed me all the wonderful sights in the city. Josh took me to his office on the 71st floor of the Aon Center and I could see for miles...I think I could see Wisconsin :)...they also took me out to Schaumberg for a quilt show. I didn't spend much time there at all because they stayed outside so I was in and out in about 45 minutes. My friends from Country Threads in Iowa had a booth and although I was only there for a few minutes I left a bundle of money. I picked up several new punch needle projects and I bought several kits. They kitted one of the wonderful dog quilts from new Buggy Barn book Crazy Dog Days...they changed it a bit and took out the flowers and made it all dogs. Well I had to have it. Just pitiful...I'm sure I have lots of the fabric on my shelf and I do have a whole quilt shop, but like my customers "It is all together, and all I have to do is start cutting". I got home around 2 yesterday afternoon, watched football with Andy and called it a day. He left this morning for California for the week...so I have big plans. SEW, SEW, SEW! I will be posting pictures this week! I promise!

5 comments:

Libby said...

Sounds like a wonderful trip. Sometimes having a kit is the best solutions -- gets you sewing right away. Instant gratification *s*

Angie said...

Oooh, I love Country Threads' "stuff"! :) Sounds like you had a great weekend, and the prospect of a very fun week!! *grins*

Melanie said...

Have fun...When the guys are away, you may even get to hold the remote control!!!!

Melanie said...

Have fun...When the guys are away, you may even get to hold the remote control!!!!

Patti said...

So what are you going to sew this week? The new dog kit? Really made me chuckle to see that you, a shop owner, have the same addiction as the rest of us when it comes to kits. I call them "quilt by number", and they are great for when you want to just sew and not have to make any decisions.