Thursday, March 22, 2012

I'm Ready for 2013...

Well not really for the whole year of 2013, but for Valentine's Day 2013.  Here's the February Schnibble for Another Year of Schnibbles...introducing I.S.T.H.
I started it at the beginning of the month as soon as Sinta and Sherri introduced it, but then February didn't work out the way I had hoped.  It got lost in my sewing room along with all the other stuff that got stuck in there until I cleaned it out last week.  When I found this I thought maybe I'd just put it away and pull it out in January 2013, finish it up and have it ready for Valentine's Day...after a long talk with myself I decided that was really silly.  By January I will have forgotten that I even started this...so I spent some time working on it.  Yesterday was a wonderful sewing day for me and I got the borders finished and on.  It made me VERY happy.  Now I'll just have to get it quilted and bound and then I'll tuck it away for Valentine's Day 2013.  YIPPEE!

Today I spent some time working on Farmer's Wife blocks again.  I'll be back tomorrow with the 3 that I finished today.

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day 2013 Carol! I love your Schnibbles!

Great to see you post today!

Gretchen said...

Great fabric choices for this!!! I just love it:) Congrats on a finish for 2013!!! How exciting!!! I didn't get mine even started in February.

Jocelyn said...

Carol, it's beautiful!! I love the colors.

Loris said...

Sweet! and ahead of time. That will surely feel good :-)

Carol said...

Very cute Carol. That's going to nice for next Valentine's Day.

Janet O. said...

This quilt just sparkles, Carol! You are a smart woman. I am trying to finish my unfinished Christmas quilt now for the same reason! : )

Melanie said...

Remeber what they say--- Every day is Valentine's Day when somebody loves You!!!! Celebrate any time---Great project...

tubilinha tiacarminha said...

Não precisa esperar tanto...basta comemorar com esperteza como eu fiz:Eu agora tenho dois dias dos namorados para comemorar,por que resolvi que fevereiro que é de vocês...é meu também.Falei com marido e ganhei um monte de presentes,yuuupiii.Vai a dica:No dia 12 de junho é o nosso(no BRASIL)dia dos namorados,portanto seja esperta!!!!Você está até adiantada com seu trabalho lindo,agora é só negociar mais coisas.Um beijo grande.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

You are ahead of the game now. I'm always behind. Hooray for you!

Darlene said...

I love it!!! Look you're prepared like "Girl Scout". :-)

Can't wait to see your Farmer's Wife blocks.

Yvette said...

I love it!

Carrie ~ Cricketwood Prims said...

Great decision, I know I would totally forget too, until February 2014.

Love it! Finishing something always feels so good.

Kristie said...

That is so cute! I love it!
Kristie

Gypsy Quilter said...

Wooohoooo, I call that waaay ahead of schedule! Good for you.

carol fun said...

That pink and red combo is so pretty! And aren't you the early bird - LOL - all ready for next Valentine's Day!

antique quilter said...

adorable, I love the colors/fabric you chose to make it with. A great finish
Kathie

Abby and Stephanie said...

Very sweet. How terrific you'll have a 2013 finish. :o)

Anonymous said...

It is so FEBRUARY too!! SWEET quilt and not too shabby having a finish for NEXT year! LOL. Take care friend.

Shelley said...

I glad to see I'm not the only one who loses projects Carol. Now, me, I would have to mark it on January 2013's calender to remember I had it and to dig it out lol!

Angie said...

Love this! Love the colors. :)

Sherri said...

Your quilt is absolutely beautiful!

em's scrapbag said...

Way to be on the ball. Love your Valentine quilt!

Nancy said...

Beautiful Carol!