Monday, March 17, 2014

Spring Has Sprung

...here in Florida, I'm going out on a limb to say...Spring is here...I absolutely love this time of year...everything is so green...all the trees and bushes are the prettiest shade of green...and the azaleas are all popping out...

makes me very happy.

I've been binding away...I am almost embarrassed to say I have 14 quilts that were all quilted last year that are in need of binding...now they are not all what most people would call "quilts"...many of them are minis so that makes the binding process a little quicker.  This one was from a basket sew along with Temecula Quilt Company...

I flipped over those baskets and became obsessed...I absolutely loved making those little bits.  And then I had this fabric for from Marcus Brothers Dressing Gowns 2 group for the setting blocks, binding and backing...Spring Perfection!  Here it is in it's new home, with some of my very favorite people in the world.

19 comments:

Gypsy Quilter said...

How wonderful that you can "wrap" your loved ones in quilty goodness even when they're not there.

Marsha B said...

Your little basket quilt is adorable! I'm glad to see a finish, enjoy!

Darlene said...

Oh, it's adorable on the table with your favorite peeps.

traditional_quilter said...

I love your little basket quilt. Wow what tiny blocks, super cute!

em's scrapbag said...

Good job on a lovely finish!

Karen said...

I have a big quilt that has needed the binding put on for maybe three years now.

sunny said...

What is this "Spring" that you are describing??? More snow here today. Love your little baskets!

Jeanna said...

Spring? We feel like it is summer already. The only sign of spring in South FL is the pollen and there is plenty of it. I won't complain though. We have been blessed to not have the crazy cold that rest of the country has experienced.

I LOVE your baskets! Congratulations on getting it bound. :)

Janet O. said...

I am enamored with your little basket quilt, Carol! So sweet!!
I thought we were headed into Spring here, until the snowstorm today. : )

Thimbleanna said...

What a cute little quilt Carol -- it's just perfect with all of your loved ones!

Me and My Stitches said...

Don't blame you a bit for flipping over those baskets - they are adorable!

Me and My Stitches said...

Don't blame you a bit for flipping over those baskets - they are adorable!

Me and My Stitches said...

Don't blame you a bit for flipping over those baskets - they are adorable!

Cathy said...

Your basket quilt is beautiful. I was going through some boxes of scraps and came across my baskets from the SAL. I guess I need to finish it now. Hugs

Kindred Quilts said...

A small quilt of mini baskets is the perfect way to welcome SPRING! It's so cute!
Now, if you wouldn't mind... could you send some SPRING to Iowa? Please?

Anne Heidi said...

What an adorable little basket quilt! Lovely to see some spring photos as well- we still have snow....

Anonymous said...

pretty nice blog, following :)

MARCIE said...

I'm a bit crazy for basket quilts and yours is darling! I love those Dressing Gown fabrics!

Kim said...

Long time no post. 😢