Saturday, February 23, 2008

My Bags Are Packed, I'm Ready to Go

I'm all ready to go at noon tomorrow...my first quilt retreat with these wonderful gals...I am so excited...I have all my projects ready to I should have lots of pictures to post on Wednesday night or Thursday depending on what time I get home. Barbara e-mailed me to let me know that we'd be leaving the retreat center on Wednesday after breakfast and stopping at a quilt shop and having lunch on the way home...well, it's on the way home for me, but it's about 50 miles out of their way...but for a quilt shop, they'll go anywhere.
I knew I had to take treats, this is my first time, and I want to make a good impression so they invite me back...so what could be better than White Chocolate Chip Chocolate cookies and a batch of the dip that Karen had on her blog on February 14 with graham crackers. OMG, that is some delicious stuff...I licked the spatula clean after I got it in the container I was taking it in.

I got 3 more Civil War Diary Blocks done today...my Civil War Diary book arrived and I have lots of blocks marked...I'll be stitching away when I get back.
Here are the blocks I got done today...

Treat from Home

My Greatest Trial

Going to Richmond

Well everyone...have a wonderful few days while I'm gone...I'll check back in on Wednesday.

20 comments:

Darlene said...

Have fun, fun, fun and I can assure you that you will be invited to go again. There's no way they'd leave you behind. LOL

I'm suppose to leave on a retreat next Thursday and return on Sunday so it'll be more than a week before we chat again.

I can't wait to see you progress and projects.

Remember - laugh, eat, sew, laugh, eat, sew. LOL

Juliann in WA said...

I love your blocks - can't wait to see what you get done but also to hear how much fun you will have. I love quilting retreats.

CONNIE W said...

Carol, sounds so fun. I know you'll enjoy the retreat. Be careful as you travel! Hugs.

Karen said...

Have a wonderful time Carol and enjoy those treats :). Can't wait to see your finished retreat projects. I'm loving those blocks that you showed. Take care and safe travels and will be here when you get back :)

Hugs - Karen

Paula said...

Have a great time!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh have fun! And yes we want lots of pictures! I love your blocks - it is so funny how you really notice how much you like a block when you see on someone's blog but miss it in the book!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Have a fabbo time Carol on your retreat. Get lots done and buy lots at the quilt shop. Make me proud. ROFLOL!!!

PiecefulChaos said...

I love your fabric choices for the blocks. Have fun at the retreat!

Nicole said...

Nice progress on those Civil War blocks. Love the name "My Greatest Trial".
Have a fantastic time on the retreat!

Libby said...

Have a wonderful time . . . can't wait to hear all about it when you get back *s*

Ginger Patches said...

Lucky girl!! Have a blast can't wait to see pictures. I'm loving your blocks so far...I'm seeing that book on a lot of blogs...thinkin' I may have to go to amazon soon :)

Beth said...

Have a great time at your retreat. I am excited for you. I love your blocks, you do a fantastic job.

Anonymous said...

Lucky girl! A retreat sounds wonderful. Love your blocks and color choices.

Thimbleanna said...

Your blocks look great -- I hope you have a great time at retreat! Karen is going to kill us all with her fabulous recipes -- I think I missed this one -- I need to go check it out!

Nan said...

I am excited for you, Carol!! I know you are having the time of your life! I am excited to see your pictures of all the projects you girls worked on!
Your blocks are beautiful, by the by!

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

Have fun on your retreat, love the three blocks you did today.

Lily Boot said...

Yum! Just love the colours in Treats from Home - the brown and pink always make me think of cocoa and raspberries. Looking forward to keeping up with your Civil War blocks. Warm regards, Lily

Lisa D. said...

I can't wait to hear all about your retreat, Carol! Your CW blocks are beautiful!

Lea said...

Carol, You did great job on your CW blocks. They are so beautiful. I love your choice of fabrics!
Have a wonderful time at your retreat!
Hugs, Lea

Doe said...

Have a wonderful time at the retreat. Take lots of pictures to share!!!!