Tuesday, March 25, 2008

All Points Bulletin!

This is an all points bulletin...I'm looking for the month of March...where in the heck did it go? How can it possibly be approaching the time when we flip the calendar page? If anyone finds the month of March, please let me know...I could really use a few more days...LOL!
I've been really bad about posting...Andy was gone all last week...silly boy went to Pennsylvania to see his two brothers and to see some friends. Yes, Florida boy went to Pennsylvania and froze his little fanny off. There was snow, there was ice...he was happy his rental car had heated seats...he was very, very happy to be home...he had a wonderful time seeing everyone but I don't think he'll be making that trip again in March.
I really took advantage of his time away and got lots done...I sewed from morning until late into the night...only stopped to walk the boys, give them their meals and feed myself. I only left the house one time to get my hair cut...you know you can move mountains if you don't have to leave the house. My neighbors all think I'm a hermit, but you know what...I'm OK with that...I'm thrilled with what I got done.
I got two more Web Sampler blocks done and I got my finishing kit all cut out and ready...I think I'll be doing some of the filler blocks and maybe starting to put together the center section...I'm very happy that we've moved the finishing date until July 1st though

...these blocks are very intense...lots of pieces...challenging but fun.

I got some Civil War Diary and Love Letters blocks done...I am way, way behind but I'm having lots of fun doing these blocks. I don't know how many blocks I'm going to do...I don't know what I'm going to do with them when I decide I'm done...but I'm sure enjoying the process and I guess that's all that matters.
These blocks are top left: Lonesome Place (p.221 CWLL) top right: Games, Music and Knitting (p.117 CWD) bottom left: John Morgan (p.145 CWD) bottom middle: Mail Delivery (p. 85 CWD) bottom right: Soldier's Box (p. 199 CWD)

I did some other blocks for swaps and I got the binding on a quilt that I did last year and just didn't get around to getting the binding done. I want to put this quilt on the guest room bed since spring is here, so it needed to be finished. Well as you can see, I had some help. Zack was watching me the whole time I was stitching this on, as soon as I finished and it fell to the floor, he saw his opportunity and went for it. Zack's seal of approval!

I also finished the first section of the Four Seasons Block of the Month from Country Loft...it sure was fun to get this section together...I'm ready for the next section, it should be arriving soon and I'm caught up...YIPPEE!

We had a quiet Easter...went to Mom's for brunch...and came home and watched NCAA basketball...we love March Madness. Took mom a plate of cookies for Easter
...and were they yummy. They were from a recipe that Nicole over at Raggedy Old Annies posted back in December. If you love M&M's you'll love these cookies.

Well, if you stuck with me through this whole, long post thank you...I promise I'll try to post more regularlly, not leave 2 weeks between posts and then they won't have to be so darn long...have a great evening everyone.

26 comments:

Darlene said...

Whoa! My goodness you've been super busy! So much accomplished!!!! WooHoo!

I'm ready for the next section of the Four Seasons project, too.

Love it all and I remember when you made that sweet Spring quilt. :-)

deb said...

Wowser you got a lot done!!!! I cant wait til the next country loft BOM either, Im so anxious to get it.......those cookies look yummy and so Eastery!!!!

Anonymous said...

Well hello there! I was wondering where you wandered off to! But I see you've been a busy girl! I need to get moving on the Web Sampler quilt myself, I've only done two blocks. But I can say I'm caught up on the Country Loft BOM as well, can't wait to get the next ones. Isn't it funny how our pets know the minute something hits the floor so they can lay on it? My one kitty is the same way.

Thimbleanna said...

Your blocks are looking most excellent! I especially like the second one with the four stars. And the picture of Zack and the quilt -- too cute!

Perry said...

I thought you must have gone off again, lol. You have been very, very busy, and you sure have done a lot. Of course your Web Sampler blocks look great, but they are intense, I agree. You CW blocks look great also. I am not going to start those, I did that with the Dear Jane's and didn't like them at all, but I do like the CW's. I am just telling myself no, no, no!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

OMG did you save it all up for a one time post?? LOL!!!! Those cookies look soooo yummy. Zach is adorable on the quilt and I love your civil war blocks. They look perfect.

Judy said...

I kept coming by and checking your blog, but I figured you were sewing away and I wasn't going to disturb you!

Good load of fabulous stuff you got done! Nothing wrong with never leaving the house...I don't unless I have to!

Ginger Patches said...

Your blocks all look great! When Zack moves his sweet self off of that quilt can we get a better peek? It looks like Celebrate Spring which I am even as I type trying to decide what to do with...I would love to see yours :)

The Calico Cat said...

Pretty blocks!

If you hubby goes to PA again next March, have him postpone it until the end of the month. There is a great quilt show in Lancaster this weekend. :o)

Melanie said...

Great blocks. I've been watching the civil war blocks all over the place. I always stop and admire the names. You should keep track and make a label with the legend names of the bloacks when you are complete.

Lisa D. said...

I've missed your blog posts - glad to see you back and wow, you got a lot done! Good for you!

Ann said...

Great fabric choices on the blocks. I usually tend to stick with bright colors, but am being drawn into the reproduction look that so many bloggers are using, especially the Civil War blocks.

Nan said...

My goodness! You have certainly been a busy, busy girl! Your blocks are all gorgeous, and I agree with Zack about the quilt! Thanks for the cute picture of him. Yummy looking cookies, too.
I'm glad Andy made it home safe and sound - I bet he's nice and warm now!

Christine said...

Very nice Civil War blocks - I hope to try some soon. You have a great assistant there in Zack. It's nice to get their seal of approval.

Karen said...

Well, you are alive. I already knew that from your e-mails. I figured you were just laying around doing nothing, but ya' fooled me. Zach looks so cute on the quilt. Your web sampler blocks are really coming along. And I very much like the stitcheries.

Anonymous said...

Carol, your blocks are so beautiful! You are good girl! All that progress. That Four Seasons quilt is so beautiful.

Libby said...

Mmmmm - I love being a hermit *s* Glad you have been enjoying yourself . . . isn't that what retirement is all about *S*

Nicole said...

Oh dear. Carol, you are leaving me in the dust with the web sampler project. I vow to make at least two blocks this weekend and post about it Monday.

Lissa Jane said...

OMG.. I want to send the family away.. I want to get lots done!!
I also wanna know where is the web sampler? (online obviously what site??) and your quakertown blocks intrigue me, do they come that way or are they little kits you have made up??

I love your blog and I'll be sure to visit again!

Lissa
PS how cool is that quilt Darlene sent you???

Wendy said...

Isn't it fun to hide away and really get things done. You did a great job of all your blocks. Zack thinks you are making him a new quilt.

Those cookies look awesome...yummmmm

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

I agree...can't find March anywhere...but you sure accomplished quite a bit.

KC Quilter said...

Wowzie wow wow, love those Web Sampler blocks. Just gorgeous colors. And your beautiful Civil War blocks reminded me that I need to dig mine back out!

Teresa said...

Great blocks, marvelous quilt and yummy cookies. Great to read your blog and if you find what happened to March, please make sure it doesn't happen to April too!

Anonymous said...

Great job Carol ! I love all !

Within A Quarter Inch said...

Oh to be a hermit - that would be SO great! Just sew and sew, play with fabric, and to think, even your husband was away??!! Wow, that is like a dream... That I wouldn't want to be woken from.

Well, I guess I'd start to miss him eventually.

Great work on your blocks!

Texan said...

Whew,,, you sure have been busy!!! What a wonderful sewing time you have had! and so many wonderful blocks you got done!