Friday, March 07, 2008

Hampton Was In the House

Oh my goodness, I'm not sure I can even tell you what a wonderful week we had...Josh, Katie and Hampton arrived on Sunday evening and spent the week with us...they left this morning around 8:30...What a fun week...Andy and I had him every morning to ourselves...as soon as I would hear him I'd head right up the stairs and get him. The first morning Josh and Katie said "Are you sure you don't need us?" "Please go back to bed...get some rest" I said...now what I really wanted to say was "Are you nuts...no we don't need you. This is our time." I was good...don't anyone panic...LOL! We'd play for a while and then I'd go fix his breakfast...here's what all the boys would do.

Hampton loved Howie and Zack...Zack stayed clear...he just wasn't at all sure about this little person, but Howie thought he was wonderful. He knew that wherever Hampton was, there was usually food around. Howie ate a zillion Cheerios...and he loved every one of them.

This isn't a quilty posting today since I haven't gotten any sewing done this week...well I did get some swap blocks done this afternoon after we changed the sheets, did laundry and cleaned house...found lots of Cheerios that Howie missed.

Perry tagged me the beginning of the week to tell about my iron. I have had a many, many irons...expensive irons and cheap irons, auto shut off irons and old fashioned never shut off irons...I really like this iron and it was very inexpensive...$29 and 20% off with my Linens & Things coupon. Judy told me about this iron a while ago and I needed a new one so I thought I'd try it. I'm not usually a big fan of auto shut off, but this one isn't bad...it reheats almost instantly so I'm fine with it. It gets VERY hot and has wonderful steam.

I'll leave you with one picture of my little man...this was just minutes before they left this morning...

I have a couple more pictures to share with you but I'll save them for my next post...have a wonderful evening.

17 comments:

Juliann in WA said...

Must be hard to say goodbye to such a little cutie. You will need to do some sewing to distract yourself.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear you had a nice visit with the kids! Hampton is so darned cute! I love the picture of all the boys the most!

Libby said...

What fun for everyone . . . Harper would love to have a kid of her own to drop snacks and play with on the floor *s*

Anonymous said...

Soooo cute! You are a very lucky grandmommy. He is adorable. Very blessed!

Cindy said...

The pictures of all the boys was the best. Hampton is growing up to be one little handsome boy. I am sure you will be finding Cherios for the next couple days.

Elaine Adair said...

Oh grammy - how slurpy, sloppy, sweet this all is! You lucky gal! He's a treasure!

Ginger Patches said...

Oh Carol he is absolutely precious!!! I am so glad you finally got your week with Hampton! I remember the days of Cheerio's in every nook and cranny...sigh :)

Gail said...

There is a certain 'euphoria' in your post! Must be the abundance of Hampton in your days, recently. Don't you just love the Grandma thing???

Darlene said...

He is definitely a 'doll baby', Carol. :-) Fun days filled with many memories.

Nan said...

What a heavenly visit you had! Every day must have been an absolute joy! Love the photo of the boys. Hampton just gets cuter every time I see him! Thanks for sharing, Carol!

Judy said...

Good doggy, he figured out that the kid always had food so he wasn't so bad after all. Follow him around for a steady supply of treats!!

Wonderful visit!

Perry said...

What a precious picture of "the boys", lol. I am sure you had a wonderful week and hated to see them go. Hampton is just too cute. Maybe if you leave the cheerios alone Hampton will come back to find them real soon, lol.

Christine said...

Laughed when I read about Howie and the food thing. Miss Molly is the same. Loves my nephews and nieces - especially when there is food about. It's been a while since I've visited so nice to catch up. Love your Civil War blocks. I have the books on order from Amazon. Happy stitching.

Texan said...

Sounds like you had a great week! Love the shot of all the boys on the floor LOL... what a crew!

Howie looks like he is smiling getting his back rubbed by his little buddy :O)... thats a great pic...

Can't believe with your furry boys that you found even one Cheerio left on the floor! LOL...Kota (our boxer) says he will be right over for back up floor duty next time, just give him a call! Oh he says too that he can pull any slack on play time with the little guy as he loves little people :O)

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Oh Carol he is adorable. I love the photo of the boys with Hampton just lying there. Hampton is a cutie pie.

Lisa D. said...

What an adorable grandbaby. I'm glad you finally got a visit with the kids!

Karen said...

I'm so glad to read that they were able to make it finally for a visit. He is just the cutest. I LOVE that picture of all the boys on the floor.

Hugs - Karen