Monday, May 26, 2008

Happy Memorial Day!

Hope everyone has had a safe and Happy Memorial Day...a time to remember and honor all of the veteran's that have served in the past and all the military men and women who are serving currently in all parts of the world.

Life has gotten back to normal here...Andy is almost good as new...he continues to gain more and more range of motion every day and he continues to gain strength in that shoulder. He couldn't be happier...and you know what...if he's happy, I'm happy. We haven't gone back to the gym yet, after his next doctor's appt we'll probably head back if he gets the go ahead. We have been walking very regularly so we're still getting exercise...getting back to the gym will be tough.

On the quilting front...I got the baby quilt back yesterday from my friend Jami...I got the binding on and the label made...tonight I'll be hand stitching down the binding and I'll show a picture of it tomorrow. It turned out GREAT! I am so excited about it.
Last year in the Fall edition of the Quilt Sampler The Quilted Moose in Gretna, Nebraska was a featured shop...their quilt was awesome...it was on the front cover. I fell in love with it and ordered it immediately...but it's been tucked safely away...I got it out and cut it and started making the blocks. I LOVE it...here are some of the blocks...
That's about all the sewing since the surgery...I hope to do better cause I sure miss my sewing time.

I got a date from the kids to come to Birmingham for the move. The movers will be coming on the 18th of June and I'm going up on the 14th to help with the packing, cleaning and playing with Hampton...more Hampton than anything else. He has started "swimming" in the community pool and he loves it...wants to go to the pool everyday. I was talking to Katie the other day and she told me to bring my bathing suit so I can take him to the pool...the second he heard pool, he was squealing with joy and ran and got his pool towel...he was ready to go. I can't wait to get there. I always take a gift for him whenever I go to see him...well here it is...Andy and I went to Toys R' Us on Saturday morning and we couldn't resist this..

There were lots of pieces and parts but what a surprise when we opened the box there were 2 bags with all the screws and bolts and washers and all that stuff...imagine that an extra set instead of being short. We were very happy and got it together in no time. I'm hoping he likes his new transportation...he's not a fan of the stroller any more but loves his wagon so now he can pick what he wants to ride on.

I have 3 more bundles to put up today for sale...just like last time...if you're interested in anything just email me at goodhomequiltco@aol.com and I'll let you know what the postage will be.

The first one is Day in the Country Wovens 32 Fat 1/4's $45
SOLD-Thanks so much

This one is Garden Magic Wovens by Blackbird Designs 15 Fat 1/4's $22.50
SOLD-Thank you

And last for today is Wuthering Heights by 3 Sisters 44 Fat 1/4's $65
SOLD- Thanks so much

Have a great evening! I'll see you tomorrow (I hope) with the finished baby quilt...OMG it is cute!

16 comments:

Cindy said...

Happy Memorial Day to you also Carol. Yes, it is a day to remember those who are currently serving and those have served. It is really a tough day for DH but he went to Hooters tonight to watch the Penguins with some guy friends. Love Hampton's new ride and he is going to be thrilled with it. I love those blocks. I just recently picked up that magazine again an marked it to do that quilt. Got PP done this weekend and am putting together another BOM now before I can start on anything new

Perry said...

Love the quilt you are starting. I need to dig that mag out. It looks like fun. Would be of use for some of the repros I have. I know you are excited about seeing Hampton. And glad hubby is doing so well.

Darlene said...

I'm glad to hear that Andy is doing well - full recovery on the horizon.

Going to see Hampton - woohoo!

I almost ordered that kit from The Quilted Moose - it's stunning! I'm anxious to see it all together.

I can't wait to see the baby quilt.

Anonymous said...

these blocks are stunning, unfortunatly I don't have that mag so I don't know what the quilt looks like once finished

Wendy said...

I'm glad to hear hubby is doing well. Your new project is gorgeous and I love the Jo Morton fabrics I see in the blocks.

Hampton is going to have fun with his new ride.

Cheryl said...

Love those quilt blocks. I need to check back at last years Sampler!!
Sounds like you are going to have lots of playtime with Hampton - and he will be stylin in his new ride!! How cute is that!

Hannies Annies said...

Yippee! Hampton will be so glad to see grammy!! What a nice ride he will have too! Love the blocks you made and yes love the fabrics too!!!

Thimbleanna said...

Those blocks look yummy Carol! I'll bet you're just counting the days until you can see Hampton with his new little car -- you'll be the Grandma Hero for sure!

Lea said...

Carol, those blocks are so beautiful. You are right, It's very attractive quilt. :-)
Hampton's new ride is adorable! I bet He'll so thrill to see it.*S*
and glad to hear your hubby is doing well. *S*
Hugs,
Lea

Mary Johnson said...

Those blocks look great - I can see why you fell in love with the quilt and can't wait to see this one as you progress.

Kim said...

Oh, yes, great quilt blocks! That will be an excellent quilt when it grows up! I want to make one too!

Karen said...

Love the blocks for your new project. Glad to read that your hubby is doing better and I've taken leave from the gym also, but I have no excuse, LOL. What a cool new ride for Mr Hampton - between that and trips to the pool he will have a blast when you visit.

Hugs - karen

Karen said...

I remember that magazine cover quilt. And I like the blocks. Buying the kit was a good idea. I like Kim's comment about the quilt growing up. Bring it next time I see you.

Ginger Patches said...

That's great news about Andy! Love those moose blocks, I'll have to go back and look at that picture in the mag.

Hampton is going to love that little car seat. I can't wait to see lot's of pictures of him enjoying it :)

Nan said...

Hooray for Andy! I still say it's the excellent nursing care he is receiving!
Your blocks are gorgeous - I'm excited to see the finished quilt top.
Love the ride for Hampton, too - I know he will enjoy it. How exciting that you get to spend time with him soon!!

MARCIE said...

I started that quilt from the QuiltShop mag way last fall. The blocks haven't changed since then. I love that quilt and want to get back to it. Meanwhile I have completed a few others. What a crazy method of progression! I bet you will finish first. I can't see any sewing time happening very soon.