Saturday, September 20, 2008

I've Been So Lazy

There really hasn't been anything much quilty going on here. My cold didn't start getting better until the middle of the week so that's going to be my excuse...When the week starts out slow, it ends up slow...how do you like that logic? I did meet with Jami, the machine quilter on Wednesday and dropped off the star quilt and Hampton's birthday quilt and picked up my Web Sampler quilt. She did an awesome job on it. I sewed the binding on yesterday and today while watching college football ( my favorite thing) I'll turn the binding to the back and stitch it down. As soon as I get it washed I'll post a picture of it.

The other morning we came out of the house to walk the boys to be greeted by this beautiful full moon...

We're dog sitting this weekend...our friends have a lab and a golden retriever...all four of our boys get along great. We all walk together every morning and they have play dates regularly so we decided we would give it a try. Ray and Susan left early yesterday morning...and we've been having a great time. All four boys are pooped right now...all sound asleep...last evening though they were all awake and offering their assistance in the kitchen... they were just hoping that a piece or several pieces of watermelon would hit the floor.

Andy had their undivided attention this morning......we had just come back from walking and he had the treats...he was the most popular person in the house.

A little lunch and I'm settled on the couch with my binding project...that's where you'll find me if you need me.

19 comments:

Vicki W said...

A sleepover for dug friends - what fun! That's a whole lotta dog in one house. I can imagine that once they all decided to take a nap that the house becomes an obstacle course.

Kim said...

Looks like you have good company. All very pretty dogs. Will be nice to exchange dog sitting time, I think.

Texan said...

What a crew you have there!! and I am thinking holding the treats in that group is brave LOL... one coule be slobbered to death by that many big boys or (girls) ROFL... lots of good kisses in that group I bet though!!!

antique quilter said...

omg you are a brave woman...I would be afraid to be in the kitchen with the 4 of them at feeding time!
LOL

glad to hear your feeling better.

Thimbleanna said...

Holy Cow Woman! Look at all those beautiful dogs! What a fun time. After they eat all their food, do they get together and sew and drink like at Sharon's? And did they bring their own blow up beds????

Ginger Patches said...

Those are great pictures and they lived up to my imagination lol!! Now I just want to see them lined up sleeping--I'm hoping you snap that tonight :)

Teresa said...

OH my goodness...what big dogs you have (smiling).

*karendianne. said...

What a fun post! I was thinking of you and wondering what was happening. Now I see. Now I know. You've been very very very busy. What a good Dog Mom you are.

Doggie Daycare with Love, *karendianne./ Living Life at LeeHaven

Libby said...

Looks like you have a house full of love there . . . what fun *s*

Red Geranium Cottage said...

That is so funny them all four standing there watching you with the FOOD. Dogs crack me up. And I can not believe you have FOUR of those big guys in your house at once. No one is gonna be bothering you I know that much.

Karen said...

OMG! What a plethera of pooches! Good luck.

Gypsy Quilter said...

Now that is a GREAT picture. Four puppies who aren't spoiled one little bit. Too funny.

em's scrapbag said...

What lovely dogs. Glad to hear your cold is getting better. Have a great day! Em

Carole said...

Hope you feel better soon! Enjoy your coach day!

Elin said...

I wonder, would you tell me a little about the primitive folk art quilt group? Thank you!

Cheryl said...

What a great gang of boys there! They all look so happy. And hey I'll join you for a binding day!!!

Nan said...

How I love the photo of you and all those big doggies in the kitchen! Too cute! I bet your boys are going to be lonely once their friends leave. More play dates coming up!
I'm glad to hear your cold is better now, too, and that you've been a busy girl with your bindings. That's a good thing to do when you're feeling under the weather, isn't it?
Take care!

Unknown said...

What a hoot - your boys having a sleep over with their doggy friends. Yikes that's a full house there with 4 big pooches. Very sweet of you to help your friends out. I think having Cami and the grand-dog is alot, LOL. Hope you feel better soon.

Hugs - karen

Red Geranium Cottage said...

I am still laughing at those dogs!!!! Are they still standing there??LOLOL!!!