Friday, September 12, 2008

Life is Good!

A week with Hampton confirmed once again...Life is truly GOOD! What a wonderful week we had visiting with Hampton, Josh and Katie. Mom had the most fantastic week! She loved every minute of being there...and Hampton thought she hung the moon. Every time she left the room he'd follow along behind her calling "Nana! Nana!"...he'd stand at the bathroom door and wait for her to come out...he'd call for her whenever he ate...he wanted her to sit right there with him just in case he needed some help. He'd say "Hep, Nana...peese" OMG, just melted my heart.
We went to the park on Sunday and had tons of fun...

That swing was not made for grandma fannies! LOL!

We blew lots of bubbles

We waited for Daddy to come home from work


Hampton tried to teach me how to get a video going on the TV


What a joy! The house right next door to the kids is for sale...hmmmmmmmm.

I got wonderful mail goodness this week...I have to wait to show you what came in the first package until everyone in the group has received their's...don't want to spoil the surprise. Yesterday I got a package from Tammy with a jelly roll of Isn't Christmas Jolly. I'd mentioned that I wanted to do something with it and Tammy said that she had an extra one and would love to send it to me...YIPPEE! I got so darn excited that I tore the package open and cut the strips right up... I started sewing some strips together...it's going to be a Bento Box. And another treat in the package... Halloweeny coasters. I love them!

Well, it's Friday night and I'm already in my jammies...my man is going out to pick up Chinese...I came down with a nasty old fashioned cold...when we arrived at the kids on Friday Josh had a cold...I stayed away from him. Katie woke up with it on Saturday...I stayed away from her. Hampton came down with it...I didn't stay away from him...yup, I got it...and it is just fine. I wouldn't have traded my cuddle time with him for anything in the world...

23 comments:

Cindy said...

OMG Carol, Hampton is absolutely adoreable and he has huge dimples. I will be leaving for Orlando on September 29th. Yahooooooooo!!!!!

Mar said...

ok, now I have a new favorite picture, the one of you and Hampton is priceless! Love ME! can't wait to see your Bento box.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

I hope you feel better soon Carol. I'm sure if Hampton were there he'd take care of his grammy. And by the way...I love his shorts!!! LMAO!!!!
Love the blocks for your new quilt. So.....are ya gonna move next door to Hampton?? Awfully tempting isnt it?
Get well soon.

Wendy said...

He is an adorable little guy. Looks like you had an awesome visit, even with getting a cold. I bet you are already planning the next one.
Your new quilt is look great.

Cheryl said...

What wonderful sweet pictures and I couldn't think of a better reason to get a cold!! Love your quilt you have going there!

Raedene said...

He is so cute! Where is your "silly" shirt? :o)

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

What a cutie pie! I'd take a cold too if it meant extra cuddle time. I can't wait to be a grammy!

Kim said...

I have to agree being grammie is alot of fun! I love your star quilt. I am thinking I need to make a bento box... I have always disliked the photo on the pattern. I keep seeing it in different fabrics and I am really liking it.. Thanks for sharing!

Judy said...

He's growing so fast! Those jelly rolls are so nice and already cut it saves tons of time!

Gypsy Quilter said...

Now blowing bubbles with a toddler is my idea of fun. So much wonder and excitement in one little bottle. Glad you are home safe despite the cold. Feel better soon.

Ginger Patches said...

Yay Hampton pictures!!! He is such a cutie pie!! He's getting so big I love the newly talking stage. Wow you didn't waste any time getting going on that Bento Box!! It's going to be so cute!!! Get better soon :)

Nicole said...

Hampton gets more adorable every time I see a picture of him. He is going to be right off the Adorable Chart before you know it. Brad Pitt look out.
I have a layer cake of Isn't Christmas Jolly! What pattern are you using if you don't mind sharing?

Nicole said...

Duh. I read your post again and see that you are making Bento Box. It will be smashing with that fabric! And I even have the pattern too!

Anonymous said...

That little boy is absolutely adorable! Everytime you show a picture of him, my heart melts too :o)

Hope you feel better! And go for the move! Wouldn't it be wonderful?

Texan said...

ok that Hampton is just more cuteness everytime you put up his pictures!

Love the coasters :O)... I adore Halloween!!!!!!!

A place for sale next door huh? mmmm that must be tempting beyond belief! :O)...

New fabrics are great your working with :O)... gotta love those fellow bloggers :O)

*karendianne. said...

Hampton waiting for Daddy to come home from work is my most favorite photo. It captures my HEART! Of course they are all lovely and its wonderful of you to share your joy with us. I love that "Hep, Nana...peese."

Cannot WAIT to see the strips come to life. Don't know what a Bento Box so this will be fun.

A Treat of Love, *karendianne./ Living Life at LeeHaven

Cornbread and Beans Quilting said...

You have been awarded The Primitive Excellence Award.
Go to my blog for info
http://cornbreadandbeansquilting.wordpress.com/
Melissa

Darlene said...

OMG, Carol, Hampton is a true cutie patootie!

Love your Bento Box - is it for me???? LOL

((get well hugs))

Thimbleanna said...

Yipee! You're back. Looks like you had a great time with Hampton. And Oh Puh-leezzzz. You do NOT have a Grandma Fanny!

Libby said...

I'd let that little guy give me a cold any day *s*

Karen said...

Looks like you and your mom had a grand old time. I want to see a picture of the "new" old house that the kids bought. The brick steps intrigue me.

Perry said...

You and Hampton...fit for Hallmark cards. He is the cutest thing, and you have the silliest grin on your face when you are with him. I know it is one of pure joy. Aren't grandbabies wonderful?

Nan said...

All your photos are wonderful - Hampton is so adorable, and it sounds like you and your mom had such a fun time. How could you not with such a sweetie pie as Hampton around?
How sweet of Tammy to send you a jelly roll and the coasters! I think the Bento Box is the perfect block for that fabric.
I hope your are feeling better now. I have gotten colds from my grandkids, and wouldn't trade all the cuddles and smooches for anything! So......are ya moving?