Friday, December 05, 2008

Keeping My Promise

I promised yesterday that I'd be back today with pictures of Hampton's first haircut...Josh and Katie decided that they wanted to take Hampton out to Disney World for his first haircut...there's an old fashioned barber shop on Main Street...The Harmony Barber Shop...they make first haircuts very special...and since Josh and Katie met while they were both working for Disney so it seemed only appropriate that Hampton get that special haircut there and get his very own Pixie Dust...Here's the first cut...they gave Katie a whole strip of Mickey stickers to entertain him...

All done and we're all telling him how cute he is...look in the mirror...His dad and his Mamie taking pictures.Before she could put the Pixie Dust on his head...he had to check it out.He's officially Pixie Dusted...

It was such a fun day...I'm so glad that we got to be part of this big event. Mom was with us too and she just loved it.

I'm going to try and post again tomorrow...I have all the dog blocks done and I'm putting the rows together...and I'm taking it to the quilter on Sunday...so I'll take a pic tomorrow when it's all together. I also will take a picture of the Hospice quilt that came back from a very giving and caring quilter. It is awesome! See you tomorrow!

18 comments:

Carrie ~ Cricketwood Prims said...

Oh Hampton is so cute, love the scrunched up nose shot. How much fun to have pixie dust too. Thanks for sharing, I love grandkids and being a grammie!
:-)

Thimbleanna said...

He's just adorable Carol! What a fun memory!

antique quilter said...

omg he is adorable, love the way he is looking at that pixie dust!!!!
what a wonderful memory you will be telling this story to all his girlfriends!!!!
how cute :)

*karendianne. said...

I'm just not sure he could possibly get any cuter!!!

Cheryl said...

He is such a cute little guy..it gave me happy grandma tears. So glad you got to be there and I love the pixie dust thing!!!! I am so glad you are better.

Nan said...

Thank you SO MUCH for sharing this very special event with us! The photos brought tears to my eyes, as it reminded me of my son's very first haircut. Hampton was a real trooper, wasn't he? And to be pixie dusted is the BEST! I'll have to ask my hairdresser if she'll do that for me next time I see her! LOL

Libby said...

What a fun first hair cut - just so sweet *s*

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh how cute is that! I had no idea Disney World had a barber there! What a fun memory that will be! And boy, does Hampton look adorable with the new do!

Ginger Patches said...

Just look at that little cutie pie!!! It's so hard to part with those first curls but then they end up looking like such cute little boys it's all worth it! What a great place to go for a first haircut...pixie dust...very cool :)

Red Geranium Cottage said...

OMG that is the cutest thing Carol. How special that you guys got to share in that big day. Hampton is adorable. Love the Pixie Dust. Where can I get some of that?? LOL Maybe it will make my hair STOP falling out.
Can't wait to see your quilts.

Darlene said...

OMG, he's adorable - that first haircut is so much fun!

Cindy said...

OMG that Hampton is just too cute. Love the idea of pixie dust. It doesn't look like he was upset at all. Great memories to have.

Karen said...

I did not know you could get a hair cut on Disney Mainstreet. The pixie dust is just the cutest idea. I am so glad that you got to participate.

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Everything is better at Disney!! My son and his wife just got home today from a week there - it was magical!!

Hampton is so darn cute!!

Debbie Busby said...

Disney.......the happiest place on earth!! So true!! What a fun memory this will be!! Someone saved the curls I hope!!??

Kim said...

Awe, he's looks like such a big boy now!

Judy said...

Somehow I missed this very special day for Hampton and your post! I saw the quilts and skipped right past! What fan he had getting his big boy haircut!

Cornfield Quilter said...

How wonderful to be part of his first haircut! Grandkids are the best! :D