I have to tell you, this is really fun! Kelly and I have been looking at all your fabrics and all I can say is...these are going to be some awesome quilts. We got a note from Wendy (no blog) and she included pictures of her pretty fabric stacks...
Here we go...We're making 12 blocks this week, all with 4 patch centers...8 star blocks and 4 with white borders (or whatever your background is). Here are the piecing instruction for the larger version...make sure you visit Kelly's blog for the instructions for the Mini Version.
Making the 4-Patch Centers
1. Gather 48 of you dark/medium 2 1/2" squares.
2. Lay one square on top of another, right sides together and stitch. Make 24 sets.
3. Lay one set of 2 squares on top of another , right sides together and stitch.
Your 12 four patch centers are all done...EASY huh!
Making the Simple 4-Patch Blocks
1. Gather 4 of your 4-Patch centers, eight of your 2 1/2" X 4 1/2" background strips and eight of your
2 1/2" X 8 1/2" background strips.
2. Stitch one 2 1/2" X 4 1/2" strip to the right and left side of your 4-Patch center. Press toward the strip.
3. Stitch one 2 1/2" X 8 1/2" strip to the top and the bottom of your 4-Patch block. Press toward the strip.
Making the Star Blocks
1. Gather 32 of your background Quarter Square Triangles, 64 of your dark/medium Half Square Triangles, 32 of your 2 1/2" background squares and your 8 remaining 4-Patch Centers.
2.Stitch one dark/medium Half Square Triangle to the right side of your background Quarter Square Triangle. Press to the dark. Make 32.
3. Add a dark/medium Half Square Triangle to the left side. Press to the dark and trim off the "dog ears". Make a total of 32. These should measure 2 1/2" X 4 1/2"
4. Stitch one flying geese unit to the right side and one to the left side of your 4-Patch center. Make 8.
5. Stitch one 2 1/2" background square to the right and left side of your remaining flying geese. Press toward the background squares. Make 16.
6. Stitch one unit to the top and one to the bottom of your center. Make 8.
I must confess, I was so excited about sewing these blocks that I forgot to take lots of pictures...but you know Kelly is a pro at this and she took lots of pictures...so just check her post today for those great step by step pictures. I promise...I'll be better next time.
If you don't have a blog and you're doing the large version, please send me a picture and I'll post it here on my blog next week. And please don't hesitate to e-mail me if you have any questions at all...and the same for Kelly.
Hope you all have a fun, fun time sewing this week...and just one question...what is Kelly going to do with ALL those geese she's stitching...we'll have to keep our eye on her!