Let’s go...We're making 13 blocks this week, all with pinwheel centers...9 star blocks and 4 with white borders (or whatever your background is). Here are the piecing instructions for the larger version...make sure you visit Kelly's blog for the instructions for the Mini Version.
Making the Pinwheel Centers
1. Gather 104 of your dark/medium 2 7/8" half square triangles..
2. Lay one triangle on top of another, right sides together and stitch. Make 52 sets.
3. Lay one set of 2 triangle units on top of another , right sides together and stitch. Make sure to check Kelly's post about how to make these press nice and flat.
Your 13 pinwheel centers are all done...EASY…right!
Making the Simple Pinwheel Blocks
1. Gather 4 of your Pinwheel centers, eight of your 2 1/2" X 4 1/2" background strips and eight of your 2 1/2" X 8 1/2" background strips.
2. Stitch one 2 1/2" X 4 1/2" strip to the right and left side of your Pinwheel. Press toward the strip.
Making the Star Blocks
1. Gather 36 of your background Quarter Square Triangles, 72 of your dark/medium Half Square Triangles, 36 of your 2 1/2" background squares and your 9 remaining 4-Patch Centers.
2.Stitch one dark/medium Half Square Triangle to the right side of your background Quarter Square Triangle. Press to the dark. Make 36.
3. Add a dark/medium Half Square Triangle to the left side. Press to the dark and trim off the "dog ears". Make a total of 36. These should measure 2 1/2" X 4 1/2"
4. Stitch one flying geese unit to the right side and one to the left side of your Pinwheel center. Make 9.
5. Stitch one 2 1/2" background square to the right and left side of your remaining flying geese. Press toward the background squares. Make 18.
Your 8 Star blocks are finished. They should measure 8 1/2". Don't you love 'em?
I know I promised that I’d have more pictures this week…but Blogger and my camera are not playing too nice today…so just like last week…Kelly has the awesome pictures. Sorry!
I got a great e-mail this week from Wendy (no blog) with pictures of her blocks…aren’t they wonderful…love the 2 colors.
And please don't hesitate to e-mail me if you have any questions at all...and the same for Kelly.