Saturday, July 26, 2014

A Wonderful BLUR...

Yes, that is the only way I can describe the entire month of July...a wonderful blur!

It all began the end of June, when after a very long travel day, delays, mechanical problems, weather issues, and an extra trip back to LAX for my luggage (my project suitcase was the important one) my vacation in California began...Sewapalooza 2013!  Now don't try to Google that, it wasn't an organized retreat or anything, it was a wonderful 11 day vacation with great friends...sewing, laughing, crying (just a little), eating, shopping, and sewing some more!  It was amazing!  We did a little bit of the Southern California Quilter's Run on Saturday...no jet lag for this girl...we were on the road right around 8 (with a stop at Sonic for a Diet Coke, I needed all the help I could get)...we were off to Fat Quarters, Grand Country, Temecula Quilt Company (my absolute favorite) and Stars and Scraps.  What a fun, fun day!

Sunday through Wednesday we sewed and sewed and sewed and on Wednesday we headed back to Temecula and spent the day sewing in the shop with Sheryl Johnson...she is the sweetest person, opened up her shop to us, had yummy bread and fruit and we got to meet her sweet, sweet daughter...if you get to the area, make sure to stop in...if you love reproduction fabrics, you will love Sheryl's shop...there is so much inspiration in that shop, I could stay there for days and take in all in.

Thursday through Monday we sewed and sewed and sewed...ate great Mexican food, grilled out and just absolutely had the BEST time!  Hope we can do it again some time!

Then I came home on Tuesday and left for my week at the beach on Saturday, just enough time to unpack, do laundry and repack.  Andy went with me for the weekend, we went to 2 of our favorite fish places in Sarasota for dinner Saturday and Sunday night and then he came home Monday.  I was alone reading on my porch with this view...
Walking on the beach as much as I could...
 
These fellas walked with me a lot...

visiting with old friends, watching sunsets

and sewing in the evening

until Wednesday when the kids arrived.  We had so much fun...even when it rained

...this is the first time the kids have joined me at the beach, Josh spent every summer there until he was probably 18 or so...he was thrilled to share it with his children and will probably make it an annual vacation...that makes me very happy.  We all came home together on Saturday and spent some great time together...the kids were thrilled to spend time in the pool


...Sunday they went out to Disney and really had a great time and then headed back home on Tuesday...they had a very hard time saying good-bye to Howie...
  We went into cleaning over drive...bathrooms, laundry, sheets and towels, and were done pretty quickly...quickly enough that I got to sew a few stitches that afternoon.

So you're all caught up, whether you wanted to be or not...LOL!  I'm here sewing and cleaning and yes doing a bit more destashing...I think I may be back this week with some goodies.  I have a bunch of wool that I would really like to get rid of.  Happy weekend everyone!

13 comments:

Yvette said...

I am exhausted reading all of that. We sure did have a great time at Sewpalooza. I hope we can make that an annual event.

Darlene said...

A wonderful time all the way around. :-)

Sherri said...

Sounds so perfect!

Sherri said...

Sounds so perfect!

Janet O. said...

Sounds like you have had more fun than the law allows!
Someday, maybe, I'll make it to Temecula. I know I would love it!
Your July has been much more relaxing and fun than anything I experienced. Will you plan July for me next year? I like your version much better than mine! : )

Vicky said...

Your month really has been a wonderful blur! The kids are gorgeous!

Melanie said...

Wonderful month - Man those kids are growing....

Me and My Stitches said...

Wow! Time flies when you're having fun! Glad you have had such a great month. Can't wait to see your wool - I always think I need to add to my wool stash!

antique quilter said...

what a wonderful month you had!!! a lot of memories were made and spending time with friends and family
nothing better
Kathie

Thimbleanna said...

Wow Carol -- sounds like you're having a perfect summer. Quilt shops, friends and family -- what could be better???

Gretchen said...

Thanks for sharing your wonderfully fun July!!!! I can't believe how big the kids are getting & their energy just jumps out of the photos. What are you going to do in August????

StitchinByTheLake said...

What a wonderful time - I'm jealous! blessings, marlene

Karen said...

Did you happen to sew any while you were in California? LOL!