Thursday, July 12, 2007

Thank you Darlene :)

A huge thank you to Darlene...Darlene wrote a note to "my boss" and said that I really needed some time off, so guess what...I'm off all next week. Starting Saturday through next Saturday I'll be at Lido Beach, which is just south of Sarasota. I started going over there when I was in high school, with my parents...missed a few years when I was in college. It was my dad's favorite place in the whole world. He was in the Air Force and we traveled all over the world, but if you asked him what his favorite was...he'd always say Lido Beach. I started going back there with mom and dad when Josh was 9 months old. Andy and I had no money for a vacation, don't know how we thought we could have this child, oh to be young again...Mom and Dad asked if I wanted to join them. They really wanted to be with Josh for his first trip to the beach. It was the best week ever. Andy joined us for a couple of days mid-week...those were his days off then...and we had so much fun. Josh had taken swimming lessons beginning at 6 months old so he loved the pool. Andy would take him to the top of the slide and my dad would be at the bottom of the slide. He squealed with glee! Everyone around the pool would stop to watch this little guy swim like a fish. What great memories. Josh will be 30 this year and I remember that week like it was yesterday. I don't think I ever saw my dad so happy. I think I've only missed a summer or two in 30 years...one summer I taught summer school and another summer daddy was in the nursing home and I stayed in Orlando...I made mom go with a friend. We have gone every year the very same week, because we have a time share, so we see the same folks every year. It is so much fun to see everyone each year. Catch up on what's happened in there lives...the litle kids that we had are now married with children of their own and are bringing them. I wish Josh and Katie lived closer so they could bring Hampton over for a couple of days.
So, my books are packed to read on the beach during the day, my sewing machine is ready, I have a charity quilt cut and ready to go, and I have the October Spa Day cut and ready to go. No my clothes are not packed, but that's easy...shorts and bathing suits...We have Rosemary taking care of the shop and Sue, Mom and I are off on Saturday morning.
I'll take my laptop and check in...I'll try to send a post or two while I'm gone so you can enjoy the beach with me...Again...Thank you Darlene!

14 comments:

Darlene said...

WooHoo - Time off! I'm glad my little note to 'Da Boss' worked. teehee :-)

Relax, rest, sew, read, eat, nap - repeat as needed!

Enjoy, Carol.

Wendy said...

Sounds like just what you needed. Have a wonderful time off and soak it all in.

Melanie said...

Too cute... the books and sewing machine and "stuff" are packed but not clothes... I've got your priorities figured out...

Gail said...

Oh, lucky girl! a week off to do with as you chose, visiting your favorite place. ENJOY IT! What a great time you will have.

Libby said...

Darlene has become quite persuasive with the bosses *s* Sounds like you will have a wonderful and relaxing time. Enjoy!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Carol, have a great time. How nice to be at the beach for a whole week just hanging out. I know how much that time off will mean to you. Enjoy it.

CONNIE W said...

Enjoyed reading your post. A beach vacation is certainly an excellent idea for some fun & R&R. Happy for you! :)

Susan said...

Have a great time in Lido Beach. It sounds as if it has many wonderful memories, and now you can make some more.

Judy said...

Have a fantastic time and spend it doing nothing but what you want!!

Nicole said...

Have a fabulous vacation!

Jeanne said...

Have a great time!

Granny said...

I'd love a trip to the beach! Have fun!!

Linda C said...

Hey, Carol--I thought you WERE the boss but even if you aren't, it was good of Darlene to make sure you got off to the beach. Got to carry on the family tradition and who knows? Maybe one of these times Hampton and his parents may well come done for the trip. Hope you have a great time!

Mary Johnson said...

Sarasota sounds nice. You also sound pretty happy about retiring. Enjoy!