Monday, July 30, 2007

Well there just isn't much quilting going on here...don't know what's going on...good intentions...I know about that road and good intentions. I'll get back on track. Here's a picture of a charity quilt that we made while we were at the beach. Sue and I each got one done. It is very easy, really almost brainless, goes pretty quickly, but it is just tedious sewing.
 

It's made with one jelly roll...this is the Hampton's jelly roll by Minick and Simpson. It turned out to be a very nice size and I think it will go to one of the VA hospitals...they can sure use them. Our friend Patti gave us the directions, she had gotten them from a gal in Austin, TX...aren't quilters just the best!

These 3 blocks are for a swap that I'm in...got them done just in time...whew! How do these months come to an end so fast. I thought I had plenty of time.  


Tomorrow is my 1st Bloggiversary...I can't believe it's been a year since I started this journey...more tomorrow. Have a great day!
Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Vicki W said...

That quilt is a great use of the Jely Rolls - it's going to be a great snuggly quilt!

Libby said...

That's a fun quilt. I have a pile of random 2 1/2" strips - a fun way to use them up *s*

Darlene said...

What a great use of jelly roll strips or other 2 1/2" strips! Someone will enjoy snuggling under that one. :-)

A year already - wow!

I love the swap blocks - can I swap with you? :-)

Wendy said...

The jelly roll quilt is great, good use of 2 1/2" strip laying around. I have a couple of those blocks already made, do you need more?

Kairle Oaks said...

Sometimes quick and easy is the best way to go! That's a clever way to use a jelly roll!

Tracey said...

happy blogiversary!!! :o)

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Hey, love the quilt. And those blocks are great too. You have been sewing at least. I love that Hamptons fabric.

Susan said...

The jelly roll quilt is a cutie. Was it hard to keep it straight with all those long rows across?

I love your swap blocks. That's my favorite setting block.

Vicky said...

Your quilt is wonderful! I love that fabric line!

Happy 1-Year Anniversary! Looking forward to many more years of your blogging!

Linda C said...

Happy Blogiversary, Carol. Good use of those strips but that narrow it probably did make for lots of seams to get to the length you wanted.

I love the little puss in the corner blocks with the 4 patches in the corners---probably not the correct name but you know which ones I mean, LOL.

Nan said...

Love the jelly roll quilt - someone will certainly appreciate having it!
The blocks are lovely, too. How do you get involved in a block swap? I would love to participate!
Congratulations on your Bloggiversary!!

Patti said...

Love that charity quilt - I think that's what some people call a Lasagna quilt. I'm going to be making some of those with the strips from my drawers, as I'm really getting tired of mile-a-minute blocks! I need something else that I can do quickly, and I think this really fits the bill.

Quilts And Pieces said...

MMMmmm - more pretties!