Saturday, October 17, 2009

Ever Faithful Friend

I've been sewing like a wild woman, but don't have pictures taken...I've just about finished my Charming Girls list...I'm finishing the last goal and that's to get the Simply Sophisticated BOM put together.

But the real purpose of this post is to update you on Andy and share a picture of him doing his exercises with his Ever Faithful Friend and Helper...Zack. He just can't do his exercises without Zack being right next to him. This set, he has to lie on the floor with his foot up the wall, he has to bring his foot down the wall, bending his knee...
He has some that he has to do lying on the bed...Zack is right next to the bed. He has some he does in a chair...Zack is right next to the chair. It's so sweet. Andy has to do the exercises 3 times a day and Zack is with him every minute.

Andy's is doing great...he has 4 more therapy sessions and then we go back to see the doctor. It will be 7 weeks on Tuesday...that's hard to believe...and he just doing great. He has excellent range of motion, he just has to continue to work on strength. He's really looking forward to the day that he can walk the dogs with no discomfort...we're getting there. He walked the dogs, both of them at the same time, for the first time last Monday when I had Mom out doing her errands. He was very proud of himself...I wasn't sure how I felt about him doing that with no one else around, but he made up his mind he was going to do it and that was that.

Hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend.

21 comments:

Kate said...

Sounds like everything is going well :-)

*karendianne. said...

Gosh, I know that feeling of accomplishment Andy has from walking the boys and I'm diggin' that progress. I also know this is the spot where I can get into a pickle by over-doing-it. I try not to but it's hard to know right about now where to push and where to pull up. Slow and steady wins the race - just like quilting I guess. Its' still a "thing." Personally I've found my own BOYS to be good for healing and a distraction!

You're tempting holding out the pictures of progress. I shall indeed hold this against you for 30 lashes and a few FQ's... in due course!

Allie said...

Wow, his own personal trainer, lol! Zack looks like he's holding Andy's head. So glad he's doing so well!

Karen said...

A very good report. And so cute that he has a companion to watch the exercises. Does he count for Andy? You know, by thumping the tail or something.

Thimbleanna said...

Aren't dogs amazing? I do think they have an extra sense and they know when we're suffering. Happy Sunday to you and hubby and of course the dogs!

Gari in AL said...

It is so good to hear that your DH is doing so well. It really pays to follow the directions. And it is nice to hear that you are able to do the things you want and need to do knowing that he can now take care of himself. Progress is great!

Janet said...

It's good to hear of the great progress, of course the dogs have to encourage and keep an eye out.

Ginger Patches said...

I just love that Zack...but where is Howie??? Oh wait maybe he is hangin' with you :) I am almost done with my CG's goals too...yay for us!!!! I am so glad that Andy is doing so well, such good news :)

Kristie said...

I am glad to see that your hubby seems to be doing better! I pray that all goes well with his appointment!

Have a great day!
Kristie

Libby said...

Exercise is always easier (or at least more fun) when you have a pal with you *s*

Diane said...

I'm happy that your husband is doing so well. My brother and sister-in-law have 2 big labs. In fact your Zack and their Rocky could be twins. I, too, would have been 'a little concerned' if I found out someone had been walking them alone...they are so strong. But what wonderful exercise partners. Glad your sewing too, can't wait to see your pictures.

Cathy said...

What a wonderful picture!!! What a wonderful Zack!
I am so glad that Andy is doing so well....that is great and to walk both at the same time -that is an accomplishment. We know what walking 2 big dogs is like. LOL
Cathy

Anonymous said...

What a loyal friend! Glad to hear all this good news!!!

Gretchen said...

I am so happy to hear that the patient and his helpers are doing well!! Dogs are so amazing and know exactly when you need help, guidance, and encouragement. Best to all for a great week!!

Gypsy Quilter said...

It doesn't matter what kind of surgery is involved, everyone should have a Zack by their side cheering them on!

Teresa said...

Looks to me like he is just waiting for an opportunity to lick Andy's face, lol. Good to hear Andy is doing so well.

Kim said...

Man's best friend always makes feeling better happen faster and a little paw with the exercises is a good thing, lol. Zack is a very pretty boy.

Carrie ~ Cricketwood Prims said...

I love the furry loyal friends, they do warm the heart. Great to hear everything is coming along so well. Time does fly, especially this time of year!

Carrie P. said...

Glad to hear Andy is doing well. Aren't dogs great companions.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

What a cute picturet that is. I'm glad Andy is doing better.

Texan said...

Zack looks like he is saying, don't you worry Mom, I will make sure Dad does them all! I am staying right here to watch!