Monday, May 28, 2007

I got a bit done today

Hope everyone is enjoying the Memorial Day holiday...the shop was closed today so I got a bit done today. I finished the top for my friend Mary's new grandbaby...her daughter Ashley is expecting her third little person. I've done a quilt for the other two babies so this new one must have a quilt as well. Ashley didn't want to know what this baby is so I had to be a bit generic. This is a new group of fabric that we got in called "Wiggles and Giggles" by Lynette Jensen and Thimbleberries. I really think it's cute. Andy's comment when I came downstairs with it this afternoon was..."Wow, look at those colors...it's not brown or dark green"...hmmmm, I guess he knows where my true color love is.

 
 

I didn't get quite as much done this weekend as I thought I would because we worked in the yard some and he was working on a project for his consulting...he doesn't think and type he writes everything out on a legal pad. It would have taken him many hours to type all that he had written so I spent a good part of today and some of yesterday typing for him. I'm wearing my secretary hat :) I always thought very highly of his secretary but aftr this exercise...I believe she is a saint and a genius. She always knew just what he had written down. I guess with a few more year's practice I'll get it down.

Back upstairs to sew for a little longer. Have a great evening.
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Melanie said...

Cute quilt. It's good seeing Lynette Jensen doing something a little different with her fabric lines. Enjoy the rest of your day.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh it is an adorable quilt! The new baby (and mom) will love it!

Libby said...

That's a darling quilt for the new little one - I'm sure it will be well loved *s*

CONNIE W said...

The quilt is great for either boy or girl. What a nice gift. I have been typing for my DH for years and reading his writing can be a challenge so I know what you mean.

Karen said...

what a darling quilt for the new baby! I was surprised when you mentioned it being a line from Lynette Jensen *smile*. They're not her usual colors! Secretaries are sure worth their weight in gold- and then some it sounds!! I could never (still can't) read my hubby's handwriting and always felt Gloria should at the least have her halo shined daily. Glad you got to sew on your day off!!

Gail said...

A very sweet quilt for a new arrival, glad you got in some sewing time in spite of being drafted as a secretary.

Darlene said...

That new T'berries fabric is darling! Nice to see something new and different. Darling quilt, Carol.

It's so cute that you used "little person" - I refer to my grandsons, Seth and Eli as the little people in my life. teehee! Actually, when Eli was a newborn I called him the micro person in my life. Now they are both "little people". LOL

Darlene said...

I failed to "chat" about colors. Lately I've been doing alot of "Spring" colors and every time I work on something my hubby will comment - that's a bit different for you. LOL

He forgets that I like it ALL. :-)

Susan said...

Darling little quilt. And big enough to last a while!

Hanne said...

Cute baby quilt :-)

Elaine Adair said...

Oh a baby ... as good as a quilt photo! LOL