Sunday, May 13, 2007

I had the Most Amazing Day

Oh my what an amazing day I had...it started at 6 this morning with my Andy waking me for coffee and a long walk with the dogs...they had already given me my present last week (new digital camera) so I could take it on the trip. We came home ate a light breakfast and then he took me to Starbuck's for my new favorite latte...Dulce de leche...it is sinful...I'm sure there are very few calories (Ha! That would be in my own little world)...we got home and he gave me a package that had come in the mail yesterday from Josh, Katie, and Hampton. They put together a beautiful photo album for me of Hampton from the ultrasound that told us he was a boy all the way to the end of April for his first trip to the zoo.  
 
 
It was truly the best gift I have ever gotten. And what even made it more special was that both Josh and Katie wrote the nicest notes in the back...I was sobbing...oh my...I am truly one lucky gal.
Then we went over to Mom's for brunch...and had a really nice visit with her. I dropped Andy off at the airport, he has a conference in Dallas this week and he'll be doing some workshop presentations and he'll be working with the company that he's doing consulting for. I think it will be a fun week for him and you know what I'll be doing...SEWING! Hopefully I'll have some pictures to post this week.
The dogs are fussing they want some dinner, which is always dad's job, so I'll go feed them, I'll eat and head back upstairs and sew some more. Hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day!
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

CONNIE W said...

Family togetherness, mementos like your album, notes, photos, they are treasures. I didn't appreciate these things when I was young but as the years pass they become more & more precious. Happy MD to you!

Darlene said...

Memories! Isn't it great to be a grandmother? Enjoy, Carol.

Libby said...

Your first Grandma's Mother's Day *s* Sounds like it was just perfect.

Unknown said...

I love your new album. How sweet and special. Isn't ultrasound amazing? My daughter is pregnant with twins and just entered her 2nd trimester. She gets an ultrasound at every appointment. I go along just for the picture show!

Wendy said...

A very special gift for a wonderful grandma. Thanks for sharing.

Susan said...

Sounds like it was a great day, the kind that makes you glad you are a mother. =)

Patti said...

What an incredible gift! I can just picture you leafing through the pages and smiling through your tears. Grandkids are the most wonderful gift!

sara, the house of charm said...

What a special day you had. I love that album, it will a treasure you will have for many years to come.