Friday, May 11, 2007

We're Back from our Road Trip

Sue and I are back from our road trip and did we ever have a great time...We left here Sunday morning and headed up to Log Cabin Patchworks in Hiawassee, GA...we didn't have any lodging reservations but saw a big sign for Holiday Inn Express and headed toward it. Started to turn up the hill and there was a sign for the quilt shop...can you just imagine our delight...the quilt shop was one driveway up from the hotel. YIPPEE! We were at their door at 10a.m. sharp. It was just a wonderful shop...we both shopped like wild women...who would ever guess that we were in a quilt shop every single day. Here are a few of my purchases...these are just some reproduction fabrics that I picked up along the way to add to my stash. I also got some Chelsea Boutique fabrics to do the 2 jelly roll quilts in Blackbird's new book Chelsea Boutique...also got a bundle of "Vintage Reserve"...oh how I love that fabric.
 
Well Picasa just went nuts and won't let my do any more pictures. I'll come back tomorrow and add those...I must show you the feed store we found that had a quilt shop in it and the beautiful rhododendron garden that we went to in Hiawassee. I added way too many projects to my life this past week. I must live long enough to finish them all...I'll be 650 years old! Have a good evening everyone.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Libby said...

Looks and sounds like so much fun - can't wait to see more. Love that Vintage Reserve line. I got a bundle of the wovens and already know I'm going to 'need' more *s*

CONNIE W said...

I love those fabrics. What luck to have a hotel next door to the quilt shop. Fate?

Darlene said...

Can't wait to see more! A fun getaway with a good friend = bliss!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh my gosh what fun! Those fabrics are to die for! They are all some of my favorites! I"m glad you had such a fun time!

tami said...

I just love quilt shopping road trips. Beautiful fabrics. Just what I would have picked. :oD

Patti said...

Your fabrics are great - I recognize a whole bunch that are also in my stash! What a wonderful time - a Holiday Inn Express where they have warm chocolate chip cookies every evening (at least the ones around here do!) and a quilt shop next door. I think I'd be tempted to move in!

Jenni said...

I have looked at the Vintage Reserve too - do you know which era the prints would be from?

Jeanne said...

That is one impressive bunch of fabrics! Love them.