Saturday, September 15, 2007

Getting in Shape

Oh my goodness...as I wrote a while back after Andy retired, he decided that he would start working out with a trainer. Well he's done great and is faithful about his workouts. He started out going to Tony 3 days a week and then the last several weeks he'd only been going once a week. Well, he decided that since he can use the wonderful workout facitlites at Saratoga Springs out at Disney that he would do his own workout and only go back to Tony when he felt like he needed something else. Well, where I'm going with this is, that I decided, in all my infinite wisdom that I would start going with him. I've been reading about how our bodies start to fall apart as we age and that if we exercise we are so much better off. Well I'm here to tell you that after 2 days of working out with my Andy I think I'm going to just die. I have parts of my body that I never even knew existed...I sneezed before and I felt like my abs were on fire. Someone shortened my calf muscles when I wasn't looking. How did I ever get in this bad shape? It is pitiful...Andy assures me that it will get better. That before I know it this will all be a distant memory...I have to survive for that to be the case.
Well, he's going out of town on Monday and won't be back until Thursday evening...he has a whole routine for me to go through each day and then I'm supposed to go for a very brisk walk. And here I thought walking up the stairs to sew was physical exercise :) I know I'll be better for all this but oh my...Josh called this morning and Andy told him that I was working out. I could hear Josh through the phone across the kitchen...I took the phone away from Andy to find out what was so darn funny...he could hardly talk he was laughing so hard..."Mom, when was the last time you worked out...Jane Fonda workout tapes? Susan Powter on TV? OK, so I started his day out right...with a huge laugh and then off to the gym we went.
I'll keep you posted...Andy says I will have more balance and be more flexible in my really old age...no pictures today...it would just be pitiful.

6 comments:

Red Geranium Cottage said...

WHAT??? No pictures of your leotard? I was really looking for that. And when you sneezed at least you didn't wet your pants.LMAO!!! Isn't that what we do when we get old? Jeez I need to get back to the gym too. My last exercise "record" was Kathy Smith. I loved that thing. I was so faithful to her. Then it was Richard Simmons. LOVE HIM!! Remember when he had his tv show? I watched everyday and exercised with him. LOL!!!!

Libby said...

Good for you . . . maybe your triumphs will be just what I need to get off my rear and get some action. Kudos for getting to the gym. That is far too public for me . . . I'm a walker - that way I can get out, get my exercise (under cover of dark) and get back indoors before anyone sees me *s*

Darlene said...

Applause, applause - way to go, Carol. I should follow your lead but I'm already exhausted. LOL

Isn't it fun when we give our children a good laugh? NOT! LOL

Mar said...

I bow to you oh great one!!! Keep it up, but just don't damage those quilting muscles. :-)

swooze said...

Thanks for the giggles! You go girl!

Texan said...

Stick with it! The health rewards are so worth it and it makes us feel so good about ourselves too :O)... Are you taking time to stretch good after your work outs? That will help keep you from getting so sore :O)... WTG!!