Monday, September 17, 2007

Very Sad Dogs

These are 2 of the saddest dogs I've seen in a very long time...

 

Andy and I left the house this morning...I dropped him off at the airport, he's working a conference in Las Vegas and will be home on Thursday afternoon. When I got back they were right here by the door coming in from the garage...they never moved...they stayed right here, just like this waiting for him to come home. They stayed in that spot for about 2-1/2 hours. They were just pitiful...this is the first time they've ever done this. They're much better now, we went for a very long walk this evening after the temperature went down a bit.

I got a fair amount of sewing done today...I decided that I would finish my queen size top that I started before everything started going crazy at the shop, the one with the jelly rolls and charms of Celebrate Spring...I know I should be working on fall or Christmas, but this one is moving right along and maybe I can mark it off the list this week while Andy's gone. I have a whole list of errands to run tomorrow, but I WILL finish the blocks tomorrow before I go to bed. Then Wednesday and Thursday I'll get the rows together, it isn't going to have a border, so I think this is a doable goal. I'll let you know.
Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Mar said...

good thing they have you home now to keep them company! I love that celebrate spring line, hope you'll take a picture!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

That is an adorable picture. Aren't dogs great? They are so loyal to ya. Did you send that picture to your hubby so he would know he was missed. LOL Cause I know you miss him but......... I know your dancing in your jammies this evening.

Melanie said...

I've been out of pocket and stopped in to catch up. Kudos to you for starting to exercise. While your husband's work out may be a little rigorous your are going to really be glad you did it. Love the puupy pics. Have fun on your trip....

Darlene said...

Oh, no Zack and Howie do look very pitiful and sad. Can you imagine how excited they will be when your hubby gets home? :-)

Enjoy sewing time!

Gail said...

Dogs are the best- they love you so much and always let you know it!

Libby said...

I know just what you mean . . . Harper is really only at her best when her entire family is home (and ready to cater to her)
Have fun with your sewing!

Patti said...

Eager to see the finished top - sounds beautiful and spring-y.

When Fred is gone overnight for work - which happens very seldom, Shadow wanders like a lost puppy. He keeps going up the stairs because he's sure his daddy must be up there watching TV. Or he stands by the door to the garage waiting for him to come through. Even though he is pretty deaf now he'll still think he hears something, and he dashes to the door to the garage to wait. I keep telling him his daddy won't be home until . . . and he looks at me with such sad eyes.

Nicole said...

Oh those poor little pooches! I really miss the greetings my dog used to bestow upon me whenever I came home. He passed away in May, and I am consumed with thoughts of getting a new puppy.

Teresa said...

How's the exercises coming? ;)

Those pups are really pitiful looking, but they will be so happy when he returns!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh that picture is just soooo sad! Poor things!

Cheryl said...

Glad your dogs are doing better - it's hard to see them moppy!! I just love that Celebrate Spring fabric. I have two different projects going using it.

Erin said...

hello from one new blooger! Love your dogs, have a yellow lab, and know just what your puppies were going through! Love the celebrate spring line too! Nice to meet you! Erin in NH! give the puppies a hug for me!