Monday, September 03, 2007

Section 1 Done

Hope everyone had a wonderful Labor Day! I certainly enjoyed the day...Andy and I went for a Starbucks treat this morning...we always go on Sunday, but usually not during the week, so this was a real treat. It was a very hot and sunny day here and I just didn't feel like being in the pool today, go figure, so I went upstairs and sewed up a storm. I got section 1 of Hometown Christmas done...I'm ahead...we'll see how long that lasts.

 

I got my swap blocks done...a little late but it's OK...I swap with very understanding gals. I got my Fall Swap (from a Primitive Yahoo group) surprise done and ready for the mail...my Pay I Forward is ready for the mail...I'm feeling pretty darn good. I also spent some time making a list of some things I'd like to get done in the very near future...I should probably post it but I'm going to try to just see if I can do it on my own...there will probably be a list here next month at this time. There's something about putting it out there for the world to see...

Enjoy your evening...take care!
Posted by Picasa

15 comments:

Mar said...

well you can put a big check mark for that accomplishment, it looks great!!

Vicky said...

Hooray! Section one is done! It looks wonderful! I just love this quilt!

~Kristie said...

Looking good, Carol! Now you can relax, knowing that Kim won't be hounding you for a while. LOL!

Darlene said...

Wow - you go, Carol.

Unknown said...

What a great looking house block! Keep it up...

Gail said...

Oh my, you got LOTS done! Can I have an injection of your energy?? You are really making the most of your retirement.

Libby said...

What a nice block - if it's cool enough to be indoors sewing . . . why bother with the pool?

Teresa said...

This looks like such a great quilt. I think it's wonderful that you all are doing it together.

Sounds like retirement is treating you well! :)

Kairle Oaks said...

Way to go, Carol! You're really on a roll. It must feel good to get so much done.

Yvonne said...

Wow...you sure have been busy. Section one is looking good!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Excuse me!!! Are you trying to beat me with completions while I'm away from my machine Ethel???? I'll catch up to your butt don't you worry. Lucy always comes out on top you know. LOL!!!! I miss ya!!! And what's up with you finishing the first block already???

Red Geranium Cottage said...

BTW!!!, Did you get the package I mailed with the magazine yet?? Please tell me you did.

Cheryl said...

Wow you are being so productive, you've inspired me. My husband is gone for a few days so think I'll get caught up on some projects. Thanks for the inspiration :-).

Wendy said...

Way to go on getting ahead on the house block. Good luck with your list of things to get done, I'm thinking about that as well. I hope I can stay focused....ya right...LOL

Nan said...

Love the block, Carol! You go, girl!!
I am so impressed with all the things you have accomplished - good for you! I can tell you are enjoying life to the fullest!