Friday, April 27, 2007

Hampton's New Quilt

I finally finished Hampton's new Snowman quilt...I posted this before, it was folded up and he was on it, but I must confess the binding wasn't done. I finished the binding so I was time to show the whole thing. I really like it a lot, but it sure was a stretch for me. I just don't do bright quilts, but for him I'd do most anything. So here it is...
I decided when the kids left here last week that I would not let more than 6 or 8 weeks go by without seeing Hampton...so as luck would have it Southwest is having a huge sale and I got a ticket...I'm going up on May 19th for 5 days...I can't wait!!! Less than 6 weeks...YIPPEE!
Off to the shower and get this day running. Have a wonderful day.

14 comments:

Libby said...

You've got a smart idea to not let too much time pass - those little ones grow so darned quickly and you need all the hugs and kisses you can get *s* The quilt looks great - he'll stay snuggly warm.

Melanie said...

I love this quilt.. bet his Mom will love it too!!!

Darlene said...

Cute, cute, cute, Carol. That's a great pattern for those prints.

Silverthimble said...

I love your snowman quilt! You did an excellent job of balancing the placement of the colours!

Laurie Ann said...

That is a great quilt. Fun colors and pattern. I am sure Hampton will love looking at the snowmen and bright colors.

CONNIE W said...

That's a great quilt! Perfect for a perfect little guy!

KC Quilter said...

Wow, what a great quilt! Perfect for an inquisitive mind--lots of bright colors to look at. And it's wonderful you could get a good airfare to see Hampton again.

Nicole said...

That is an adorable quilt! I realy like the pattern with those bright cheerful fabrics.

Linda C said...

Hampton is quite the little doll baby and this is the prefect quilt from grandmommy. Good job, Carol!

Unknown said...

I like this quilt very much. The pattern is great and the colours you chose just right for a little guy. Have fun with him! Take care.

Kairle Oaks said...

I just love the colors in this quilt. Such a great combo!

How fun to be taking a little trip. You'll have a great time!

Susan said...

That is just the cutest little quilt. I love SWA. If I *have* to fly, I try to use them. Unfortunately, they don't go to the Dakotas, where we spend summers. =( I just won't fly United. I'm investigating taking the train instead. =)

Rose Marie said...

A great quilt for an adorable baby!

Quilts And Pieces said...

I love, love, love this one! I love snowmen - can you make me one!