Wednesday, April 04, 2007

I'm Hip Deep...

I'm hip deep in life and don't seem to be getting anywhere too fast. Now don't get me wrong I am loving every single minute but it's just all at one time. Last Friday Andy and I both took off, spent the day together doing errands, and getting new springy plants for the front of the house and for the pots around the pool. We had a ball. Worked and worked and were just filthy but loved it. Then Friday night was the first celebration of Andy's retirement...the folks that work directly for him took us out. We had a great time...pretty emotional...some of these folks have worked for him for over 20 years...they just love him and are very sad that he is leaving. They all talked about him, how much they loved working for him, how they respected him...it was just wonderful. Well, Saturday morning at 4 I woke up sicker than sick. Spent the next 12 hours in the bathroom. I have no clue what I got but oh my...the last Saturday of the month is always a big day at the shop because we do End of Bolt sale...any bolt that is finished the customer gets 25% off the entire thing, no matter what's on the bolt. Andy called Sue and told her I was out of commission and bless her heart she took care of everything.
Sunday I felt better but had to catch up on the things I didn't get done on Saturday, bank deposit, computer work all the yuck stuff of owning your own business.
Monday was crazy at the shop. Yesterday didn't slow down a bit but we had lots of fun. Mom's best friend called Sue and I last week and invited us for lunch at the Winter Park Racquet Club for lunch for Mom's 85th birthday. So we got Rosemary to watch the shop and off we went for lunch. Dressed up! YIKES...I don't do that well anymore. Lunch was great and mom was so surprised, she had no idea the Carolyn had invited us. We had a wonderful time. Got back to the shop and the UPS guy had been there...YIPPEE! Chelsea Boutique from MODA and Blackbird Designs had arrived. It is so pretty...looks really old. Got it all up on the shelf and it was time to go home. I'm supposed to be off today but I'm going in to the shop to get some work done this morning and then over to Mom's at noon to have lunch with her. Today is really her birthday. Then I'm off to Babies R Us to pick up some things for our visit next week with Josh, Katie and Hampton. They are coming in Thursday for Andy's retirement celebration. He has no clue that they are coming...neither does mom...I just can't wait...this secret is making me nuts. I talk too much to keep a secret for very long and this has already been about 3 weeks.
So sorry for the long post but that's where I am. Haven't gotten to sew much, except for the blocks for the shop Block of the Month...but after the retirement celebration and things get back to normal I'll be upstairs sewing like a mad woman.
Andy's going to be gone for 4 days that next week so you know where to find me. I should have lots of pictures to post.
Have a Happy Easter everyone!

8 comments:

Libby said...

Wow - you have been a busy gal. I sure know how it is for you to keep a surprise - I am the worst. My excitement makes me just want to burst with the news *s* Have a great time with your family together. Happy Easter.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh my goodness - you've made me tired just reading what you all have to do! Slow down! Sorry to hear you were sick, hope your feeling better now, and not have a relapse because how busy you are!

Granny said...

Can't wait to see all your pictures. Hope you're feeling back to normal. Take care of yourself!

Nancy said...

Hip deep in life. that pretty much describes my house lately too. Hope you find a little time for youself. have a Happy Easter.

CONNIE W said...

Sorry for the sickness, there's never a good time or place for that! Having a quilt shop has to be the most tiring-but-wonderful kind of work. We quilters appreciate your being there but at the same time rather take you all for granted, I suppose. Take care, have a Happy Easter. :)

Susan said...

It sounds like your life is really busy at the moment. I don't know how a shop owner ever gets any sewing time anyway!

KC Quilter said...

Wow, you have been so busy! Hope you are feeling all better. How nice to celebrate your Mom's birthday and husband's retirement--two major life events! Take care.

Shelina said...

You sure have been busy. Sorry you were sick, hope you are all better now. It is good that you have reliable help to cover the shop when you can't go. I'm glad you made time to spend with your hubby's retirement celebrations and your Mom's birthday.