Friday, April 20, 2007

I Found Something I Like a Lot

Let me start out by saying that I'm sorry I'm at the shop and forgot to bring the camera in to take a picture of my new find. Some of you probably already use this...I'm a pretty simple quilter and I don't do gadget things very often. There were 2 gals in Spa Day on Sunday, mother and daughter...they each had a little plastic, flip open box next to their sewing machines...being the nosy girl I am I asked what it was. Well they were shocked that a shop owner wouldn't know what this wonderful stuff was...Lickety Grip. When I looked at it more carefully I realized I had a box in the cutting table drawer that the lady that developed it sent me a year or so ago. I ran to the drawer and pulled it out. It's kind of like that sticky finger stuff you use when you're going through lots of papers, except it is acid free and conditions your fingers and your cuticles as it helps get pieces of fabric together properly. Well, I took it home and have been using it and I love it. I working with some very small triangles and it really helps to get them together right. I'm very excited about this new find...even though I've had it for at least a year :)

4 comments:

Patti said...

Hmmm . . . never heard of it. Sounds very interesting - I'll have to check it out!

Finn said...

Hi Carol, I guess wonders never really cease do they?? All that time in a dark drawer and suddenly out into the light of day! *VBS* Better late than never.
Love the pics of Hampton..what a great picture of grampa cooking with the little man..love it! Hugs, Finn

Silverthimble said...

Thanks for the reminder. I have some of this in my studio. It was a thank you gift that someone gave me a long time ago. I have never tried it. To tell the truth, I really didn't understand what it was. Now I am going to pull it out and give it a try!

Quilts And Pieces said...

I bought some in Chicago last year! I love it! Great when your quilting a quilt!