Sunday, April 22, 2007

Some Might Call it Multi-tasking

and others might just call it WACKY! Looking at my sewing table...Multi-tasking? Wacky?

Lots of you know that I tend to work on more than one project at a time...just not usually at the very same time. As you can see I've got those tiny little stars, Paducah 9 Patches and a Wicked Easy baby quilt all going on at the very same time...I think this is the ultimate leader-ender project. And what you can't see, on the cutting table...I have 2 Block of the Month blocks cut out and I'm going to start cutting out the next Spa Day quilt.
OK...I've answered my own question...WACKY!!!!!!!!!
I'm having a very fun Sunday, in spite of being wacky...I'm sewing up a storm and watching the first season of Grey's Anatomy on DVD. Andy comes home tomorrow afternoon...and I have several quilts that need the binding stitched down so I'll be able to spend some quality time with him downstairs...and stitch at the same time. Enjoy your Sunday everyone!

12 comments:

Anne Heidi said...

Sounds like you are having a great time! And your cutting table looks like mine LOL. Multiple projects is just more fun...

Anne Heidi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Quilts And Pieces said...

oooo - I'm liking the looks of the projects from the pieces!

Anne said...

I always have multiple projects going. I have 2 sewing machines..one with light thread, one with dark thread. I just go from machine to machine depending on the project. It's so fun!!!

Anne

Darlene said...

As long as you're having fun, fun, fun then it doesn't matter how "wacky" you appear. I promise that I'll make sure you have cute bows down your back when the little men come to take you away. LOL

Libby said...

Sounds like a great way to spend the weekend - I love to have more (way more) than one project going at a time. Never know what I'm going to be in the mood for *s*
Love all the photos of the surprise weekend. It looks like everyone had a wonderful time.

Laurie Ann said...

That's my favorite way to work! Have fun! :)

Unknown said...

You do like you are having fun there. I love having a few (!) projects on the go as well. I am curious to see more of yours. Take care.

Kairle Oaks said...

Sounds like a juggling act. lol!

I've enjoyed reading about your family get together. How wonderful to spend such a happy time with your family!

Melanie said...

Versatility - a great word to describe a quilter. Having more projects allows you to keep quilting even though your mood changes. Love the projects so far.

Wendy said...

I too have more than one project on the go at any given time. It's fun but sometimes I feel nothing get done. Sounds like you had a fun weekend.

Nicole said...

We have something in common for sure! I tend to work on multiple projects all the time as well. Right now I am trying to finish up about five things to justify starting some new quilts! My cutting mat looks much like yours: square in a square blocks for one quilt, Thangles for another, and the border pieces for a third one!