Sunday, October 02, 2011

I Just Can't Concentrate

There's so darn much excitement around here that I just can't seem to stay on one thing for more than a minute...First of all I am so excited about Kelly's Studly & The Mrs. Quilt Along...I am crazy about the quilt, and my man otherwise known as Mr. Quilt Holder is in need of a new quilt....and while I'm doing one I think I need a snuggly quilt for this coming winter.  I spent a bit of time in my stash room and have them both picked out.

Here's Mr. Quilt Holder's fabric
and here's mine...
...so different from each other but so much alike...just like the two of us.  We are so different in so many ways...but in the ways that are so important we are so much alike...37+ years and we still really like each other and just love to spend time together...My Man, My Mr.Quilt Holder, My Best Friend!

But, as he told the ladies in the Deli department in Publix this morning as he was getting some ham for sandwiches..."The secret to staying married for lots of years is to spend some time apart"...Well, we did spend every minute together last week so this week, I'm leaving town.  I'm heading over to the beach to spend the week at a good friends condo AND I'll be making a stop at the airport on my way  to pick up someone VERY fun!  I sure am looking forward to a week of talking, talking, talking, eating at some beach restaurants, working on some embroidery, long walks on the beach and maybe a bit more talking.  I'm certain there will be some beach posts.  OK, I need to concentrate...gotta pack!  See you soon!

19 comments:

sunny said...

heehee! Have fun with Kelly!

Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

I always tell people the secret to a long marriage is seperate bathrooms! We've been married 36+ years and each of us has their own bathroom.

Pat from Florida said...

Looks like a great quilt. Tempting, but I'm doing another quilt along this month, so be still my jump in fingers. Does Mr. Quilt Holder know the other guy is called Studly?

Allie said...

Have fun sweetie - love the fabrics you picked out - boy am I jealous you're heading to the beach! ENJOY!

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Oh my gosh Carol - I'm beyond excited - that you're joining us for the quilt along! I so heart the fabrics you picked! Secret to a long marriage - uh, I'm going with forgiveness - gotta be a great forgiver to stay happily married LOL! I hope you have A STINKING BLAST at the beach, talking and talking and eating and stitching :):):)

Nancy said...

Well, I do like Mr. Quilt Holder's fabrics but I absolutely love the fabrics you chose for yourself. Beautiful! Can hardly wait to see what you make.

Marilyn Robertson said...

Have fun! I agree, it is good to have some time apart every once in a while - absence makes the heart grow fonder! :)

Stitched With Prayer said...

Carol, I love the fabrics you are using for your quilts and can't wait to watch your progress. I won't be joining the quilt along but I still love seeing what everyone else is doing with theirs. I loved this post because we are 43 years into our marriage and we still truly enjoy each others company, including the quiet companionship of sitting out on the deck in the morning reading a book and watching the sunrise, or in the evening when hubby reads and I work on one of my stitchery projects. Not a word has to pass between us to enjoy sitting together as we watch the birds and the neighborhood activities going on all around us. But your hubby also hit the nail on the head when he said a good marriage also requires time apart...some "ME" time for both of us. It is just part of the balance of a good relationship. Have a wonderful trip and keep us posted on all the fun your having. Hugs and Blessings...

Anonymous said...

Love your choice of fabrics and look forward to progress pictures. Enjoy your beach mini-vacation!

Melanie said...

Have a blast!!! tough call on the fabrics--- Hubby's are pretty cool....

Darlene said...

Perfect fabric choices for you and Mr Quilt Holder!!!

Enjoy your week at the beach - give Kelly a big old hug! ;-)

Brooke said...

Will there be some charming chatter in your visit?

:-)

Have a great time!!!!!!!!!

Thimbleanna said...

Oooh, looks like a fun new quilt project. Have a great time on your beach getaway!

QuiltSue said...

Have a great time.

It's going to be fun seeing your 2 quilts as the fabrics are so different for each.

Angie said...

YUMMMMM I LOVE LUV LUV those fabrics for Mr. Quilt Holder's quilt!! Could you make TWO exactly alike and send one to moi??? :D Hope you have a pieceful, relaxing week at the beach. :D

deb said...

Im so jealous, a whole week at the beach have fun!!!!! thats what I say too, time spent apart once in a while does a body good!!!!
Love the quilt fabs...cant wait to see them!!!

JudyCinNC said...

Oh, I hope you and Kelly do not get into too much mischief and have lots of laughs. I am sure you will be solving all the problems of our quilt and blogging worlds. Remember, we live through ya'll and your adventures. Post pictures. Judy C

Litamora's Quilt & Design said...

It will be a great quilt, and you'll have lots of fun making it :o)
Happy sewing,
Laila

Nedra said...

You have been having the most fun retreats. Enjoy!