Saturday, October 15, 2011

Wellness Report

I am just thrilled with my Wellness Report...and another real lightbulb moment for me...here goes...

Got to the gym Tuesday and Friday  :-)

Walked Wednesday and Saturday...now here's my lightbulb moment...went to bed Wednesday just fine...woke up at 2:15 with a migraine...felt like an ax was in my head and my stomach was a mess...spent most of the night in the bathroom with my quilt and pillow...Thursday was a total bust...I think I slept almost the whole day...now I'm telling you this  because Thursday was a walking day...there should have been 3 walking days,  but I was a mess...so in the past I would have given myself a sad face for not walking on Thursday...but I made the effort and just couldn't do it...so :-)

And I didn't fill up my To Do List...normally everything that was on the Thursday list would have been dumped on the Friday list...not this week...I reevaluated the list, moved things around, spread some things to next week and it's all good! So... :-)

Week One of taking care of myself...I did it!  I feel great...no guilt, no stress!  New attitude!  My reward for this week is to spend tomorrow afternoon sitting on the couch, watching Steeler football with My Man...I may do a little stitching if I feel like it...or I may just sit and enjoy the game!

Thanks Kelly...you made me accountable...it worked!  Hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend!

14 comments:

deb said...

Holy cow...you deserved a day of rest.....glad you are feeling better.....its no fun to spend time on the bathroom floor!!!!

Josie McRazie said...

I too get migranes that put me out for a whole day. I feel you on that one! You cannot beat yourself up for your body saying stop and rest for a moment! Good for you for not letting it be a set you back!

Stitched With Prayer said...

Oh my gosh Carol, I'm so sorry you have been so miserable. I can totally relate to spending an afternoon and evening on the bathroom floor with pillow and blankie, afraid to get too far from the 'throne'. They are so incredibly awful. Happily I have outgrown the frequency of them but still occasionally get them and they are every bit as severe as when I was younger. I'm glad to hear you are feeling better and hope you can enjoy the rest of your weekend, especially the game tomorrow. The Steelers are my daughters "team". I'm not into sports, especially football but both of my daughters and all of my grandkids are. I am also delighted to hear you are rewarding yourself for your accomplishments and not letting guilt take hold because you missed a bit of your 'to do' list. Well Done my friend!!! Big Hugs...

Darlene said...

Although you had a rough Wednesday night and Thursday you were successful in being good to yourself. That's more important than anything else.

There's truly nothing in this world that has to be done and simply can't wait.

Take care of YOU.

Anonymous said...

good for you......

Melanie said...

Enjoy your football....I always think sick days are God's way of slowing us down.... Hey-- I downloaded Nicholas Sparks new book -- The Best of Me--

Gypsy Quilter said...

Ohh bummer, migraines are no fun. Glad to hear you're feeling better. Enjoy the game!

Carrie ~ Cricketwood Prims said...

Hooray for you, you are amazing.
Sorry about your migraine, they are so brutal.
Enjoy the game time!

Cheryl said...

Sorry about your migranes..my daughter gets them and I know how they can wipe you out. Definitely take care of yourself and relax. Good to be back home but I am very behind on everything bloggy!!!

QuiltSue said...

Sounds like that's really working for you. Keep up the good work, as they say.

Jackie's Stitches said...

There is such an important lesson for all of us to learn in your post. As women, we feel like we have to do it all. And a day like you had Thursday would derailed and stress out a lot of us. Being kind to ourselves just like we are to others is tough for us. I'm so glad to hear that you're feeling better and for the message of taking care of ourselves! I needed this reminder!

Allie said...

Yep, you needed a day off - good for you on not stressing over that lost day, girl!

Sharon said...

Migraines...ouch! I feel your pain, it is something my daughter and I suffer from as well. So glad to hear you did not stress out and it sounds like you treated yourself well!

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Yeah Carol! You're doing so awesome! I'm so happy to hear that you didn't let the day of rest clutter your to do list - and that you're doing so well! Way to go girlfriend :) Hugs!!!