Saturday, October 27, 2007

Happy Saturday

Hope everyone is having a good Saturday...Andy keeps telling me that everyday is Saturday for us now, but there is still something about the weekend. I can't quite put my finger on it...anyone able to help?
Here's my Holly Jolly Braid quilt...it was very fun to do and a big Thank you to Sharonfor getting me started on this one...I love the pattern and I am nuts about this Holly Jolly fabric...it is just so happy. I'm giving this one to a very good friend of mine whose mom just passed away...I think she's going to need something happy this Christmas.

 


The mail person did it again...made my day...look at this box of goodies from Sharon...treats from Hawaii...a WowWee Maui candy bar...chocolate, Kona coffee and caramel....YUMMY!!!!!!!!!! Kikeriki Wellness tea...Lemon Grass, Peppermint, Lemon Balm and Rosemary...it says it "Helps Wake you Up!" Perfect for the middle of the afternoon slump. And look at wonderful little angel holding the pumpkin...Oh she is wonderful! Thank you Sharon!

 


Then I just couldn't resist...I ordered that cute Christmas yellow and red Double Irish Chain quilt from the Quilt Merchant...there's a picture of it in my "I'm Home" post from Oct. 11. I have no clue why I didn't get it when I was there...guess I thought I had enough...silly me...well I kept thinking about it and that cute border...e-mailed and Poof! there it is...in my mailbox. I had her send me the cute backing too.
 


I need to go finish some swap blocks and work on my Hometown blocks. Enjoy you Saturday!
Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

antique quilter said...

Love your new quilt Carol!
You buy the best kits!
this is just going to be wonderful for the holidays....oh I just may have to order this one too! I love the border fabric
Kathie in NJ

Mar said...

Love that Holly Jolly Braid, that is a sure thing to cheer up a friend.

Angie said...

I love your Holly Jolly Braid quilt! I'm gonna HAVE to get me some of that fabric!!! :)

Cindy said...

Hi Carol, love the quilt. It is so bright and cherry. Was it hard to do?

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Good job Ethel!!!! Love it! It's a happy quilt isn't it? Your friend will love it. Are you going to quilt it yourself?? YOU GO GIRL!! You are my hero if you are. Can I send mine your way. It's still not quilted. Next christmas maybe. Glad you liked your Aloha. :-) You have sent me some great gifty's too.

Darlene said...

I love your Holly Jolly Braid quilt and I know your friend will treasure it. I couldn't resist any longer - ordered the pattern last week. I thought for sure it would be here today but - Sigh - it didn't.

Great goodies from Sharon!

Libby said...

Oh my - that is just the perfect pick-me-up cheerful quilt. It's going to make a great gift *s*

Judy said...

We just can't help ourselves can we??? Very cute quilt! Love the festive new braids, and all the kits. You will have plenty to keep you busy for a while now!5962pass

Anonymous said...

I'm going to have to try that braid pattern, if I can find where it put it, if you have a link to it, I'd appreciate it. And the fabric is really pretty indeed!

Thimbleanna said...

Boy, that quilt turned out cute! Love the fabric. What a lucky friend you have. That new kit looks like a winner too!

Wendy said...

Your braid quilt turned out fantastic. It will be a welcome gift I'm sure.

Lovely treats you received.

Nicole said...

Oh great. Now that I have seen how cute your Holly Jolly braid quilt is, I know I have to make it too. Project number 114!

Nan said...

Your Holly Jolly braid is so very cute and warm and cuddly looking - your friend will love it, I know! Sharon is a very special person, isn't she? I love the gifts she sent you. The kit you bought is great - can't wait to see it made up, Carol!
I agree that the weekend feels different than a weekday - it's because I used to work Monday-Friday, so the weekends have always been more relaxed.

Kim said...

Don't you hate not buying something and then thinking about it constantly after you leave it behind? I'm glad you were able to get the kit you wanted. And your braid quilt is lovely! I've been trying to decide what to do with the Holly Jolly fabric and thought about the braid. I'm still not sure though. Hummm.