Monday, October 08, 2007

Hi from Chicago

Good Morning from Chicago...I am having so much fun. Good Morning to my little man...this was Thursday morning, my first morning with him. He got up around 6 and we played until the sun came up. This is in his bedroom.

 
Having a little breakfast making the wonderful funny face that Mamie taught him...I'm not sure the kids will let me come back.

 

It was a very exciting morning Sunday...the Chicago Marathon was being run. The day started out wonderfully with 35,000 people running 26 miles through the city. Streets blocked off all over, but sadly the day ended tragically,it was very hot 87 degrees and as you've probably heard a man died. Here's my Hunka man during the marathon...eating! We go so much of the kids stuff packed that we had to eat breakfast on TV trays.

 
Here's my last picture for today since Blogger won't let me do anymore...Hampton in his Steeler shirt ready to for the game. Andy and Josh went to a local Sports Bar to watch the game...Katie, Hampton and I met them when the game was over.
 

Well today I'm off to the Quilt Merchant quilt shop in Winfield. I told you that I was going to take the train, but Hampton has a doctor's appt out that way so the kids are going to take me out there and then I'll come back on the train this afternoon. I promise I'll take lots of pictures.

I am so excited to be connected again. I have my laptop but Josh and Katie have a wireless router and couldn't find the magic number to put in my computer so I could use there network. So now that I'm at the hotel until tomorrow I can be in touch. So, I'm off for the day and I'll try to check in this afternoon when I get back before we go for our dinner in the Signature Room on the 90 something floor (I think that's it...I'll let you know for sure later) of the John Hancock building.
Have a wonderful day!
Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Darlene said...

Oh my goodness can he get any cuter? He's a true doll baby! :-)

Enjoy your quiltshop visit today!

Judy said...

What a happy baby! Sounds like you are having a blast...love that city, I must get back again one day!

Gail said...

Go Hampton! Get plenty of kisses from that baby while you can still catch up to him!

Libby said...

Make sure you get lots of kisses and cuddles . . . you can buy fabric anywhere *s*

Kairle Oaks said...

I've only visited Chicago once, but would love to go back with my family. I hope your trip to the quilt shop was joyful!

Anonymous said...

Hampton is really cute! Hope you enjoy going to the quilt shop

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Hi Ethel,
Looks like fun, fun, fun. That little guy is just the cutest. Give him a big old squeeze. He's got quite the view from his bedroom. And your hunka, hunka looks like he was taking too many of those drugs sitting on his tv trays. ROFLOL!!!!

Mar said...

I can tell you are having a great time, Hampton is too cute!! Can't wait to see pics of the quilt shop!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh tell me how the Quilt Merchant is! Darn but you probably are driving by me right now! Hampton is absolutely adorable!

Nan said...

He is so adorable, Carol! What fun! Your trip sounds like it's been great for you so far - love the pictures!
Enjoy the quilt shop - how could you not?

Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

What a cutie. Grandchildren are the BEST!

Yvonne said...

He is just the cutest! Hope your quilt shop visit went well!

Erin said...

OMG what an adorable cutie! cuddles and giggles, what else can I say? I would not want to let go of him! grandchildren well what can I say, enjoy! I am glad you are having a great time..