Monday, October 29, 2007

Poor Pitiful Howie

Have you ever seen anything quite so pathetic...Andy left with Zack this morning at 7:30 for his surgery on his other knee...now you know we should all be feeling sorry for Zack, he is the one having the surgery...but this is the pitiful one. Howie went to this window by the front door this morning as Andy and Zack left...he watched the vehicle go by...he cried and cried and cried. Then when Andy came home he went running to the door that comes in from the garage...looked right past Andy and was looking for Zack...No Zack and we went back to the pitiful dog. He's been sad all afternoon. He'll be happy tomorrow...we pick Zack up at 10:45 in the morning. Not that Zack will be able to do anything but at least he'll be home.

 

The vet just called and said that the surgery went great and that he came out of the anesthesia perfectly. He'll sleep good tonight and then he'll be back home.

Now you all know that I'm not a gadget person, but I picked this one up at our new Joann's Grand Opening sale...they gave out lots of coupons so I thought for half off I'd give it a try. I always stress when I do binding, trying to get those ends together. I've seen great tutorials, and used them several times, but you know what...this takes every bit of thought and measuring and guessing out of the process. YIPPEE! My binding came together perfectly. I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks.

 


Have a wonderful evening.
Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Libby said...

Oh there is nothing quite so heart wrenching as a pitiful pup. Hopefully they will both feel much better tomorrow.
Sounds like just the right kind of gadget. I'm not one to try everything either . . . but my fave is also by F&P - a ruler to cut setting triangles. No more cutting giganto squares and then trying to cut diagonally with a ruler that is to short to make it corner to corner.

Cindy said...

OMG that makes me so sad him looking at the window like that. Glad to hear that the surgery went well. I hate it when our pets are sick and need surgery.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

What a sad, sad picture. That is really the cutest thing ever. That's true brotherly love. Can't wait to hear how the new gadget works.

Mar said...

how sweet, happy to hear that it went well with Zack, ya think Howie will have empthy pains? Yes, wanna hear how that new gadget works out for you!

Darlene said...

Poor Howie! :-( I'm glad things went well for Zack!

Enjoy your new gadget! :-)

Melanie said...

My heart breaks---They do bond with each other. My pup always bonded with the neighbor's dogs. It was great, like having companions with out the food or the vet bils. They moved 2 weeks ago. Ransom is a little lost. We're all trying to "pick up the slack", but when we run him now he can't wait to see the lab a mile up the road (who he never liked before). I guess he's decided bad company's better than none at all.
Neat ruler.

Thimbleanna said...

Awww, how sad! I think this surgery will be much harder on Howie. What an adorable picture!

Jeanne said...

Poor Howie! He misses Zack! Glad they will be reunited tomorrow.

Yvonne said...

Oh the poor baby....happy to hear that all went well with the surgery. I'm so glad you like that gadget, I got one too. Nice to know it really works. :)

Nan said...

Oh that photo just breaks my heart! Dogs are just the sweetest, aren't they? I'm glad the surgery went well - hooray!!
I bought the same binding tool, and haven't used it yet. I'm thrilled it worked so well for you!!

Anonymous said...

I ran out yesterday and bought this binding tool, and I still am feeling pretty stupid, I couldn't figure it out. What the heck am I doing wrong when it comes to binding, I'd sure like to know.

Unknown said...

Oh, this picture of your dog looking out the window is so cute and sad at the same time!