Thursday, October 11, 2007

I'm Home

Home again...it's always great to get home, but I sure do miss my little man. I've always had a great time visiting with the kids and spending time with Hampton, but this time was beyond belief. Since the kids were busy packing I got him to myself a lot. I loved every second of it. We went for great long walks in the city and saw wonderful, wonderful things. He is such a joy. Happy 99% of the time and just laughs so loud that you can't help but laugh.

Here are some pictures of the Quilt Merchant in Winfield, IL...what a fantastic shop...if you are in the area, or even if you have to drive a while to get there it is SO worth the trip. I can't even begin to tell you what a great shop this is. If you love reproduction fabrics, this is the shop for you. I ended up not being there as long as I would have liked, but the kids graciously took me there and waited for me. I think Josh was afraid that I'd take the wrong train. But you know even with limited time, I had a great time. Docia (the owner) and her daughter-in-law, Beth were just delightful...I felt like I had known them for years. Aren't quilters just the BEST?!
 

 

 


This last picture, because this is all Blogger would take from me this evening, is a kit I bought...I'll post the other kits and fabrics that I bought in the next post. This quilt was hanging behind the register area. Beth said they had just gotten it back from the quilter and I went nuts. It's a Bonnie Blue Quilts pattern called Vicksburg. I sheepishly asked if they had a kit and Beht said they had made some up and that I sure could have one...I did the dance. It is made with Judie Rothermel's new line Civil War Classics and it is just spectacular. I can't wait to get this one going.

HREF='https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgnsdhNZa5daKSLAYGYVaF_X5fN6bsk8mJSfd1yosrvI-AmVlbGOezAy_7f8sJX_pxoI3wmUUHOHjjFaqqj1aTMSw_koEI5lELOlb4KAuHu57bGEa0SIzuRDmVcobVf1-wj5sn-7w/s1600-h/DSC00204.JPG'>
 


I'll post the others later this evening...hmmmmmmm, 2 posts from me in one day :-)
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Libby said...

Grandbabies and quilt shops . . . does it get any better? Sounds like a fantastic trip *s* Glad you're back.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Oh Ethel,
I see at least three that I would love to have kits for. Did they have kits for alot of their quilts? I may have to be calling them up when I get home. Loved that Christmas irish chain with the border fabric. LOVE IT. Also love the one you bought. Can't wait to see more.
Lucy

Wendy said...

Oh I love that shop, I'll have to look for their website....Ooooo I hope they have one.
Looks like a nice visit. Can wait to see more from this shop.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh can you email me that picture of Vicksburg? I can't enlarge it and I want to see it! Oh how fun!

Nan said...

What an incredibly beautiful shop! I love everything in there! I especially want the bear on the table holding a box. He's just too cute!
Can't wait to see your quilt kit put together!
I totally understand the missing of the grandbaby, too!

Jane Ann said...

Sounds like a grandma's dream visit. You'll have to persuade them to take a trip soon and leave you in charge of Hampton. I love it best when I have my angels all to myself. (DGD tells me she prefers to come to my house, than have me come to hers. This translates: she loves to have my undivided attention, which she certainly gets when it's just the two of us.)

BTW, who's the War Eagle in your family? I have one too--DD#1. Love that school!