Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Scaredy Cat Is Done!

I had made up my mind that no matter what I would finish this before I left for Chicago in the morning...DONE!

 

Well, really not done, but the top is pieced and that's done for me...off to be quilted.

I leave the house at 6:30 in the morning for my 8:30 plane...get to Chicago at 10:30 (love that extra hour). Josh will be picking me up at the airport. Katie said she has her list ready for each day I'm there...I will be getting lots of time with "my little man". Andy will come up on Saturday, we'll stay with the kids Saturday night and spend the day with them Sunday. We have to be at the Fairmont by 6 for a cocktail party. Monday I'll be heading out to the Quilt Merchant (featured in the latest Quilt Sampler)on the train. Here I am, 55 years old and I've never done a train all by myself...well here I go. The owner of the shop assures me that it is very easy...she told me where to get on in downtown Chicago and I get off at Winfield...no changes so I should be OK...she's going to meet me at the train station and take me to the shop. I told her that that was above and beyond customer service. I can't wait! I'm sure I'll have lots of pictures to share. I have to get back in time for a dinner at the top of the John Hancock building...I'm really excited...the view will be wonderful.
Andy will leave for home on Tuesday and I'll go back to the kids to help some more and then I head home Wednesday afternoon.
I'm taking my laptop with me so I'll be keeping up with everyone! Have a great week!
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

CONNIE W said...

The only time I rode the train by myself was on my way to a conference in Chicago. DH helped me board and saw me off and when I arrived downtown I got a taxi to my hotel. Things went fine, no troubles.
It sounds like a great plan and I know you can't wait to see the grandbaby!

Unknown said...

Ethel, have a great time and don't forget to squeeze the little guy!! Can't wait to see your pictures. So take alot!!! Enjoy your train ride. This is Dennis' computer so that's why his name is here. It won't let me change to mine.
Lucy

Gail said...

Have a great time- and hug that baby for all of us - there are so many of us that you may have to extend your visit just to get all the hugs in! ;)

Yvonne said...

Have a wonderful trip....your quilt is awesome. :)

Cheryl said...

I've been anxious to see your quilt and it's wonderful. Have a great trip!

Nicole said...

Love your quilt!
Have a safe trip and tell us all about your adventures when you get home.
Nicole

Libby said...

Enjoy your trip - I've traveled alone a lot, but never by train. Make sure to get lots of kisses and cuddles from the baby.

Mar said...

Enjoy every moment, Scaredy Cat turned out GREAT!

Jeanne said...

Sounds like a wonderful time! Have fun. I rode the Amtrak by myself a couple of years ago. Plenty of time to think.

Nan said...

The quilt is awesome, Carol! I think you will enjoy the train ride - there's something very soothing about riding on a train, I think.
Your trip will be wonderful, I know!!