Sunday, October 14, 2007

Productive Weekend!

I am very pleased with everything I got done this weekend...I cleaned, I did laundry and I sewed...well, you know sewing was my favorite part, but the other things needed to be done. With Andy gone, my time was mine (oh I did have to share it with Howie and Zack)...the boys and I walked a lot, I haven't been to the gym for a while since I was in Chicago, so I needed to walk. The boys were thrilled.
I finished the top using the "Fall Back in Time" charms...3 packs of charms, a little setting, and borders and it was done. No cutting all those squares...it really was fun and quick...done in time for fall...YIPPEE!
 


Then I pieced the back...I got the panel that went with the group because I just couldn't pass up that cute owl and that pumpkin...very fun!
 


I started this braid top before I closed the shop, ran out of time so tonight I picked it up and started working on it again. I love this "Holly Jolly" fabric and this braid pattern is so fun. Sharon has done this pattern twice now, I think and she sent it to me...I thought it just needed to be done in this very fun fabric. Thanks Sharon!
 


There's been lots of talk in Blogland lately about wonderful meals...well here's what I had tonight...Roasted Turkey, Cornbread Stuffing and Cinnamon Apples...you too can have this very same meal...Lean Cuisine...how pathetic is that? When Andy's not here I am just terrible...I don't cook a thing. Pathetic! He'll be home Tuesday so I'll do better!

Hope everyone had a great weekend! Nite, Nite!
Posted by Picasa

19 comments:

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh your fall squares are wonderful, but I love the Holly Jolly braid! I wanted to so something with that line and that may just be it! I love it!

Cheryl said...

Boy are you being productive. Love the fall quilt and your braid is turning out so nice. When John is away I do the same thing - no cooking!!!

Libby said...

wow - love that top. Just goes to show that fancy and complicated isn't always needed . . . simple 5" block - fantastic *s*

Anne Heidi said...

I love the fall quilt, wonderful colors :-) The braid is really nice as well. You sure are productive!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I love that top. I may just have to get some of those charms myself and whip one up. They sure are an easy way to make a quilt.

Texan said...

Your Fall Squares top is really pretty! Love the colors and the pattern... The Holly Braid is wonderful, I love the look of that! Was it hard to do?

I don't cook much either when my DH is gone. I usually wound up eating really odd quick stuff, like grape tomatoes and avocado in a corn shell LOL. Hey sewing is way better than cooking, we are just using our time wisely is all!

Darlene said...

I love your Fall Back in Time quilt - adorable! And, Holly Jolly is cuters! :-)

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Ethel, love the quilt!! Isn't it great to do those quilts where you just put together the squares? I have so many of those charm packs. I need to use them.
Your dinner sounded great too. My kind of meal. I dont cook when hubby is gone either.

Nicole said...

I agree with Dawn, your Holly Jolly braids are incredibly cute! That Fall Back in Time top is wonderful as well. I have that group in two jelly rolls and should get creative and use it!

tami said...

Wow. You had a great weekend. Great quilt and braid. I wish some of your ambition. :c\

Mar said...

Cute! Cute! Cute! Love them both.

Laurie Ann said...

Oh, love that top and those charm pack fabrics are delicious!! What a fun fall quilt.

Gail said...

I like the fall squares very much. I want to make some of those braids, too...it on my 'eventually I'll..." list.

Jeanne said...

The fall squares top turned out very nice and I love the braids! Your dinner sounded delicious. Now I am hungry. VBG

Lucy said...

I LOVE your braid!!

Yvonne said...

I love the quilt and the braid!!!!

Nan said...

I love the quilt top and backing - so cute! Isn't it nice to have time all to yourself? I do so enjoy mine, even though I, too, share it with my 4-legged ones. You are not at all pathetic! I don't cook when my hubby's out of town, either! Isn't that what Lean Cuisine is for? I think so!!
Your braids are so very pretty - love that fabric!

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

I too love the braid...never done anything like that. Its lovely. Colleen in South africa

Judy said...

Love them both!! The nickels work so well for fun quick projects that look like they took all week! Everything is just wonderful!