Friday, September 01, 2006

A Big Thank You To Judy


I've read several of my Blogger friends daily gratitude and have started writing mine down everyday in my day planner, but today I'd like to write a Gratitude here in my blog. My Gratitude is Judy...and her one-hour project. Now, let me say I don't get to work on that project one hour every day, but since she put out that challenge I've made sure that I sew at least one hour every day (now I must admit I didn't get to on Sunday with the shower here) but every other day since then I have sewn for at least an hour a day. I am such a better person when I get to sew. Not cranky, or edgy or anything ugly. I feel energized and happy when I sew. I've been doing lots of sewing for the shop lately. We're getting ready to do a big quilt show in Jacksonville the end of this month and I've been working on samples for that. I'm loving every minute of it. I also did these cute little 6" blocks for our Block of the Month group that meets tomorrow. They are such fun...Civil War reproduction fabrics...I've been using Patti's pressing techniques that she posted a while back and my blocks ar coming out perfect...no more skewed stuff going on. I also started using Niagara Spray Starch, not in an aerosol can but in a spray bottle. I love it for these little blocks. It really stabilizes them. Well, I'm pretty well caught up with shop stuff for now, so I'm going to work on my One Hour Quilt Project this weekend (we're closed Monday so I'll have an extra day) and I'll think of Judy...thank you! And Thank You to all my other new Blogger friends...you are motivation and inspiration. Have a wonderful day!

6 comments:

Patti said...

So glad I was able to help!

Libby said...

Those look like fun blocks. I use starch for pressing also -- I mix my own in a spay bottle, not as flaky as the starch from a can.

Darlene said...

Cute blocks. I also mix my own starch.

Kim West said...

I too am less cranky when I get to fondle fabric and sew. My husband knows this and takes care of the kids for me.

Eileen said...

I agree with you completely. Thanks to Judy, I have started doing piecing for me.
I love your little blocks, I'll have to go back in Patti's archives to find her pressing technique.

Hedgehog said...

Just found your blog today - I just love these stars!