Monday, December 04, 2006

Deck the Halls with....



Andy and I spent a very fun Sunday together...we went to get our tree...I love real trees, the wonderful smell and even though they cost a ton of money down here in Florida we wouldn't trade it. We spent the day together geting out all the Christmas stuff, and decorating after a quick stop at Starbuck's for a Gingerbread Latte to get us in the real mood. Here's the tree and a bookcase in our living room that we empty to fill up with our Santa collection. Up on top of the bookcase is our Nativity...I just love it. I'm looking at these pictures and I think I must be a little tipsy this morning :) both seem a bit askew but you get the idea. I don't feel like I got very far on my November goals but there were some interruptions (very happy ones though and I'm thrilled to have given up 2 sewing weekends for our little Hampton)...I am going to be very conservative with my December goals since I don't know whether I'll have to head to Chicago to help out. In November I did get the Relay for Life quilt cut out and mostly sewn, which I'm thrilled about. That wasn't a goal but I got going and decided to just get it done. Hopefully by the end of this week it will be put together and I will post a picture. I also did do some handwork in November...some wool applique which I did for samples for the shop and forgot to take pictures of. So, the goals didn't get crossed off as they were written, but I did get quite a bit of sewing in this month and I think that's a very good thing and we had our first grandchild and that just is the best of all!

4 comments:

Patti said...

You did just what I did - wrote your list then chose to do something else instead. No problem with that! I think lists give us a place to start but if the road goes in a different direction then go ahead and explore.

Your decorations look wonderfully festive - thank you for sharing!

Libby said...

Thanks for sharing your tree and Santa photos. It's just looking so festive everywhere I go these days *s*.

Jeanne said...

Your decorations are lovely!

I saw the sign for Gingerbread Lattes on our Starbuck's window --on my To-Do list for this week!!

Jeanne :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've got the Christmas Spirit. Enjoy the holidays.