Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!

It just doesn't seem possible that Christmas was a whole week ago...today is Jan 1, 2007...how long will it take me to write 2007 on the checks I have to write. It is just so hard to imagine that another year has gone and a new one has begun. I hope that you all have a very happy, healthy New Year! I hope that we all learn to take time for ourselves...a very wise woman, my mom, always says that a woman can't be all that she needs to be for others if she doesn't take care of herself first. I am taking that to heart this year and I'm really going to try to take time to do just that. Today was a wonderful day...Andy and I started the New Year by taking Howie and Zack for a walk and then we took a long walk, just the 2 of us. We've promised each other that we will do that at least 4 days a week. Then we went to mom's and took down all of her Christmas decorations and put them away. Then I sewed most of the afternoon. Then the most exciting part of the day came about an hour ago. Josh and Katie got a webcam and so did we. Yesterday we got everything hooked up and downloaded what we needed. We chatted a minute yesterday and got to see Hampton for a minute and then Windows shut everything down. We got on today and visited for about 20 minutes. It was so fun. This is just all amazing to me, as some of you know I am very technologically challenged, so this was really something. This is going to be just a joy to be able to see him all the time since we are so far apart. Once again, I'd like to thank all of you for welcoming me into quilty blogland...I am so happy that I pushed my techno fears aside and took the plunge. I love hearing from you all and sharing with you. I'm looking forward to 2007 and all of our conversations. Here's to a quilty, wonderful 2007!

5 comments:

Patti said...

What a great Christmas gift for grandparents and grandkids that are separated by such a distance. I know some people hate all the new technology in our world, but I will never cease to be amazed by the wonder of it all. It's always so hard to be apart - I hate being even an hour away from my DS and DDIL, and especially now that Sophie is coming - but this has to make it a little better.

We are so glad you joined the blogging world too - you help enrich all of our lives.

1chartfp@comcast.net

Melanie said...

Sounds like a great day!!! We webcam with my son at college. Some how it makes it seem 'not quite so far away'. There are alot of plus to the Techno world. Hey - the walks are good for Howie and Zack too!!!

Darlene said...

Wishing you a very quilty 2007. Happy New Year to you and yours!

The blogging world has been so much fun!

Libby said...

Aren't webcams great? We have one to visit with our daughter in Germany. There is just nothing like actually being able to see her face and know that she is doing fine.

Happy New Year -- look forward to seeing lots of fun things on your blog in '07.

Linda C said...

Hi, Carol and Happy New Year to you. How cool is that, that you can see your grandbaby and the kids on the computer!

Good for you quilting on New Years Day. I subscribe to the notion that what you do on New Years you will do for the whole year so that is good for sewing and for walking.