Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Stitching a Bit

I got started stitching my Nice People, Nice Things blocks...here's the first one.......my technique definitely got better as I stitched along...started with the cupcake paper first...I'm not thrilled with it, the stitches are a bit too big, but I decided to leave it. I'll have it for comparison...I'll know if I'm getting better. I really enjoyed doing it...I'm on my way!

I started the 9 Patch Exchange blocks today......this is really going to be a fun swap...a huge thank you to Julie for organizing this swap...I did 5 blocks like this one today and cut a bunch more...Nine Patches everywhere...fun, fun, fun!!!

Off to stitch a bit more this evening!

13 comments:

Darlene said...

WooHoo - you're stitching! I LOVE your cupcake block - it looks great, Carol. The stitches are wonderful.

Awesome nine patches! :-)

Anonymous said...

I put the binding on my little version of Nice People Nice Things this weekend. They are fun blocks to stitch :o) Yours looks nice!

Dandelion Quilts said...

What a cute cupcake block...so sweet!

Barb said...

I can't see the stitching too much but it looks good from here...

Allie said...

LOVE the NPNT blocks, yours looks great - so do your 9 patches! Mine are always so wonky.

Diane said...

that's a cute little stitchery. I've been doing 9-patches as a leader/ender but for a local 9-patch challenge. I have 80 made. Need to cut something else now for a L/E

Cindy said...

Beautiful, Carol.
I got my strips cut yesterday. Have no idea IF I cut enough strips but will start on sewing them together today. A few here, a few there.

Anonymous said...

Who's pattern is the Nice People Nice Things? Is that the same one I see at Kellys?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Thelma said...

LOVE the cupcake, but you know me and cupcakes, never met one I didn't love. I like your attitude about sticking with your first attempt and moving on. I think it looks marvelous, especially for your first block.

Barb said...

Hi
I'm doing the 9-patch swap too! fun!
cutest cupcake stitching -

Thimbleanna said...

That little cupcake is adorable -- you know how we love our cupcakes! And a 9-patch exchange sounds like a grand idea!

Julie said...

Who does the pattern for Nice People Nice Things?? I have seen snippets of it on othr blogs but have not tracked it down...thanks!