Wednesday, October 12, 2011

I've Been Stitching a Bit!

Well, but before I show you what I've been stitching on I have to share a picture that I took this morning...I'd been up about 5 minutes (5:35 a.m.) and McCuddly said "Go get your camera...this is a blog picture."  This is actually the second morning of the full moon, but we had way too many clouds yesterday morning...this morning it was pretty clear
and it just lit up everything.  BEAUTIFUL!  Once again...the wonder of nature.

I've joined Kelly, Darlene and Vicki to stitch the Nice People, Nice Things blocks.  I've had this for a while and I guess I just wasn't very secure in my stitching ability.  My stitches still are really even but I'm getting so much better.  I'm sticking with it this time, because I love the blocks, and I can already see that I'm getting better with each block.  I'm not very fast yet at stitching but I think that will come too.  But the bottom line is I'm really enjoying the blocks and that's what's important!

12 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

Cute block. Craft for the joy of it -- no one else's opinion matters. Night skies are mysteriously beautiful.

Michele said...

I love the 'blog picture'! Did you know that was the smallest moon in 2011? Your blocks look beautiful.

Stitched With Prayer said...

Carol, The picture is really neat. I wish I had thought to take one this morning about 2 am as I was doing my regular nightly pacing...I looked out our new glass doors and had to open the blind to see if we had left a light on. It was absolutely beautiful with a completely clear sky and the entire neighborhood lit up by the bright full moon. I must have stood there 15 minutes or so just to take it in. So peaceful. I wish it had been warmer and would have taken some herbal tea out on the deck to really take it all in.
Now, I'm also stitching on the NPNT blocks but not with the stitch along, I'm far too slow. But I just had to tell you that the designer Helen Stubbings emailed me yesterday to tell me that a shop that carries her patterns about an hours drive from me has a completed NPNT quilt displayed on their wall. Hubby and I may ride down there tomorrow if he doesn't have other plans. I would love to see it up close and personal. I think it would be a great inspiration keep moving on them. Your stitching is wonderful by the way, why are we all so critical of ourselves? I'm the very same way. Hugs...

Gypsy Quilter said...

You got the clear view of the moon. Ours was cloudy up here. Lots of moisture in the air, the natural fog bank that occurs in the mountains. Kinda like that Stephen King book, "Mist".

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Aw beautiful pix of the moon! And, I so heart your block - I happened to see it in person (smile) and I know your stitches look wonderful! Hugs!

Karen said...

WOW that's a beautiful picture of the moon :). I love your little stitchery - I had those patterns awhile back but I think I sold them in the moving sale, lol. It will be adorable when your done and such happy colors :)

Hugs - Karen

Janet O. said...

Love photos of nature's wonders! Can't resist taking them myself!!
Very cute stitching--looks good to me.

Darlene said...

The full moon is light a flashlight when the skies are clear! Beautiful moon.

Your block is fabulous! Your stitching is wonderful - relax and enjoy.

MulticoloredPieces said...

Hi, Carol. Just happened by to enjoy your blog and quilts. Your thoughts on the wellness report are very good. I also liked the idea of rewarding yourself at the end of the week. Very positive.
best from Tunisia,
nadia

deb said...

it was a beautiful full moon here too!!!!!! love the stitching!!!!!!!

Anne Heidi said...

Such a pretty picture of the moon! And your stitchery looks great :-)

Carrie P. said...

Wow, that is a great photo of the moon.
Cute block. I am going to check out the links.
If you want to see leaves come to my place. The wind is blowing them all off the trees and all around. I love it.