Sunday, June 24, 2012

All on a Very Rainy Day

Got up this morning at my normal 5:30...looked out the window and it was already drizzling...at 6:30 when it was time to walk the boys it was raining a bit harder...we all know the boys don't like the rain, so they were quite unhappy...out to potty and back inside...no exercise walk today...just the necessitates.

It hasn't stopped raining all day...so thinking I probably needed a little couch time, I decided to hand stitch down the binding on my Lil' Neighborhood Schnibble from several months ago.  I saw several bloggers talking about these Clover Wonder Clips,
so since I'm a binding clip lover I thought I'd give them a whirl...
now you know, I've told you I'm not a real gadget girl...my old binding clips did the job just fine...but I gotta tell you...I LOVE these!  They stay on, they don't pop off if you move the quilt around too much...no clips down in the couch this time.  They hold the binding nice a tight...did I say I LOVE them?  I'll be getting some more of these "Wonderful" clips!


As I got up off the couch to get another glass of water, I happened to look out the window and look who was standing on top of the house behind us.
  I think he had a perfect view of the pond...I'll bet he had a good lunch today.  Andy looked out and thought they had added a weathervane
to the top of their house...oh that man makes me laugh!

22 comments:

Nedra said...

Hi Carol, I even went over and saw the You-Tube demo on Clover's Wonder Clips. I think I need some of these especially for putting on bias tape. Thanks for the lead.
And I've read about all the rain across the US. We have a toasty 105-109 degrees all week, and rain sounds pretty good to me right now.

sunny said...

Everyone needs a little couch time on a Sunday! I love the new 'weathervane'. It looks so ralistic - LOL!

Kim Brackett said...

Not much rain for us today, but it's been a little soggy and overcast. I love the roof ornnament! And thanks for sharing about the binder clips. I've seen them on different blogs and wondered if they worked well.

Have a good week!

Rita said...

I purchased these clips at a recent show and I love them too! I need to get another pack.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Thanks for the product review. I use straight pins. Ouch! Might have to switch. We need rain badly. It's so dry the ground is cracked, in Ohio!

StitchinByTheLake said...

I just got some of those clips and love them! Did you notice that they have 1/4" marked? Sweet! blessings, marlene

Barb said...

Oh...I love you wall hanging...

Sherri said...

I love those clips too...they are the best!

I wish we could have a little rain...just 1/4" this whole year so far!!!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Wish you could send some of that rain here.

I'm off now to order some of those Wonder Clips! Sure beats using pins (and getting stuck every time I move the quilt).

Quilter Kathy said...

Aren't those clips fabulous?!? I love the little tin you found for them!

Carrie P. said...

I got some of those clips for a gift and I love them too. Neat photo of the bird.

Yvette said...

I love my wonder clips too.
I just love your wall hanging. I have the pattern, I really need to sit and make it.

•stephanie• said...

rain sounds like a delightful idea.
it would be a great change from the triple digits nedra was talking about.
boy . . . it's hot here!
your quilt turned out just darling!
love it.

Darlene said...

I used my clips today and love them, as well. You need to get lots more. :-)

Rain? What's rain? LOL Send some to us, please.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Adorable little Schnibble! Love the roof ornament too. :-) I have the clips on my list. ;-) Have a great week!

antique quilter said...

that is so funny I was using mine on Saturday thought I would give them a try
wow was I impressed
expensive though but they really work so worth it in my book!!!!
love the new weathervane, LOL!!!!!
that is so funny
Kathie

Melanie said...

It has rained every day last week. This week, hopefully it will be sunny skies every day.... The garden needs it.

JudyCinNC said...

Glad for the review on the clips - I have been wanting them also,but afraid of adding yet another gadget. Enjoy your day - sometimes the rain reminds me to stop and regroup - and is welcome. judy c

Thimbleanna said...

Send some of your rain up here Carol! ;-D I LOVE those wonderclips too -- and I'm not a gadget girl either!

Janet O. said...

I thought I was happy with my binding clips, but you may have convinced me to move up in the binding clip world.
Oh, this makes me want to make that Schnibbles quilt--I have the pattern and the extra instructions saved together. I PLAN to make it. Now I just need to do it!
Love the bird!

cottonreel said...

A Heron stole 7 of my fish last year

Gretchen said...

I don't buy many notions either but I do love these binding clips. Definitely worth it. I have one package of 10 and may need a few more. Love the photos of the blue heron. They are such beautiful birds.