Friday, May 06, 2011

Life is GOOD!

It sure is!!!!!!!!!! And you all have made it so. I am overwhelmed! I am speechless! You all are amazing! I can't even begin to thank you enough for all of your notes, e-mails and commitments to the pillowcase project. Blogland is the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you for helping me make my friend's dream come true.

One housekeeping detail, I've responded to every single comment that I can...there were several no reply comments and a couple of comments that gave me e-mail address that came back to me...so if you haven't heard from me would you please send me an e-mail at
goodhomequiltco@aol.com and I'll send you my snail mail address.

I wish we had smell enabled computers...so you could smell these gardenias...these are our first ones of the season...soon the bushes will be full of blooms and will smell amazing.

Again, thank you, thank you, thank you!
Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Gretchen said...

Beautiful gardenias! I just love them. I should really plant a bush or two in the yard.

Carol said...

That's awesome that there was such a good response. What is the due date of the pillow cases? I love the smell of Gardenias.

Michele said...

Is it too late to help? A quilting friend and I were planning on making some too but I am just now contacting you. We'd love to help. When do you need them?

Michelle said...

Cool! Have a wonderful Mother's Day weekend!!!

Allie said...

So very glad to hear this Carol, and boy do I wish I could smell those flowers! Happy Mother's Day!

Linda said...

Caro, your friend is an angel! Breaks my heart, but it's a bittersweet story. I've never made a pillowcase, but you can count me in too. Shouldn't be too hard to figure out! Lol!

Gorgeous gardenias!

Linda said...

Have a Happy Mother's Day!

tink's mom said...

I would be happy to do a couple if it's not too late. When would you like them by. So nice of you to take up your friends cause.

Vicky said...

Gardenias are my very favorite flower in the whole wide world!! Lucky you!

Dirt Road Quilter said...

I'm working on getting some pillowcases made and I have your address, but I was just wondering whether y'all were using a particular pattern.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

That flower looks like it smells good.

Deborah in Atlanta said...

The gardenia is my favorite flower. I'm allergic to a lot of smells (perfumes, diffusers, air fresheners, flowers), but for some reason the gardenia doesn't bother me at all. Lovely smells.

Linda V said...

Thank YOU for organizing this. I am new to blog-land, but not new to sewing or quilting. I had not heard of the pillowcase project for the troops, so am so happy to participate. I got the pattern and address from you to send. Thanks again.
Linda